Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 FUEL Has Me Apprehensive
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
FUEL Has Me Apprehensive - Feb 20, 2009 21:59
Codemasters have been very hit or miss this generation. They seem to have the racing genre down to a science, and have pretty consistently turned out decent games in that department, however one only needs to look as far as their other endeavors to know that they're not the end-all-be-all of codehouses.

...and that's why I'm worried about FUEL. It has the potential to be fuck awesome, but quite frankly, looking at some of the footage, I'm concerned. The game looks as-of-right-now like it was created in the Far Cry 2 map editor, and I believe will either swing one of two ways. It'll either be too overwhelming and open-ended, causing you to amble around aimlessly, a-la the last quarter of GTAIV, or it will fall short of it's ambitions, and wind up as more of a hub-centric racing game, which may wind up fine in it's own right. Simply not what we were promised.

Have a look for yourself. What do you think?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll