Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Big week
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Big week - Oct 20, 2008 04:37
This week we're seeing Fable II, Far Cry 2, and Portal: Still Alive (for XBLA).  Of course I'm amped up for the Far Cry 2 map editor.    It looks like it'll offer some expanded capabilities as far as making it possible to devise some more unique structures than the original one, which was already pretty robust for a console editor.  Here's hoping the multiplayer is great.  I don't expect it to be up to the level of Halo 3 and COD4, but I do hope it's pretty close.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Big week - Oct 20, 2008 04:40
The entertainment you get from map-editing will more than make up for a lack of performance in the actual multiplayer game proper.

Lord knows all I did was tinker with the editor in previous renditions.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Big week - Oct 20, 2008 14:53
I'm really looking forward to Far Cry 2.. I got it preordered but I'm in London till Monday so I won't be able to play it until Monday evening
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Big week - Oct 20, 2008 17:32

Just watched the latest gameplay of fable II (generally looking to see something of excellence)..  

Super shit... Jerky, bad collision, shit art direction, poor animation. It looks a mess.

Sorry, just really disappointed in what i seen after all the hype. then again, i should of known, western developers cant make action Fantasy Adventure / RPG's for shit.

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Big week - Oct 20, 2008 19:33
I managed to make an interesting minigame with the original Far Cry map editor.  It was a team-based racing game with hovercrafts on a trench-like race course that took close to a minute to lap.  Ramps ensured that it couldn't be run backwards or cheated in any way.  The mechanism to end/win the race was based on capture the flag.  So, two people are racing hovercrafts on the ground.  Meanwhile, there's a levitating structure a few hundred feet in the air where their teammates are firing rockets down trying to hit the opposing team's racer.  It was high enough in the air that it took a lot of adjustment with aim and timing in order to get near the racers.  The racecourse was sufficiently sinuous that it made the rocket guys have to run from one side of the structure to another frequently, looking for the best angle.  From the racers' perspective, it was pretty crazy with these meteor-like rockets raining down on them. 
<message edited by Zoy on Oct 20, 2008 19:35>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Big week - Oct 20, 2008 19:50
Virtua fighter 5

Just watched the latest gameplay of fable II (generally looking to see something of excellence)..  

Super shit... Jerky, bad collision, shit art direction, poor animation. It looks a mess.

Sorry, just really disappointed in what i seen after all the hype. then again, i should of known, western developers cant make action Fantasy Adventure / RPG's for shit.

Sorry there wasnt enough asian penis for you.

IGN UK 9.5
IGN US 8.8
Gamerankings 94%
(Gamerankings Scores)
OXM 9.5
VideoGamer 9.0
Eurogamer 10
Computer and Video Games UK 9.2
Planet Xbox 360 9.5
Kikizo 9
Edge Magazine UK 9

For anyone interested and not a faggot like VF, theres a Fable II thread with all the review scores and just waiting for personal impressions.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Big week - Oct 20, 2008 20:07
Virtua fighter 5

Im still waiting to see a real Japaneese RPG. Fantasy or otherwise.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Big week - Oct 20, 2008 20:21
Now, now ladies..

fable II looks shit to me and that all that matters. 
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Big week - Oct 20, 2008 20:45
Your opinion means as much as it weighs.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll