Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 After thoughts of AVP!!!!
Lanair

• Total Posts : 7
After thoughts of AVP!!!! - Aug 14, 2004 04:12
YAY i finally watch alien vs predator today, i thought it was awesome, finally a movie that kick some major ass.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: After thoughts of AVP!!!! - Aug 14, 2004 17:12
I have issues with Paul Anderson...big issues...

Decent movie, but if there is a sequel and it' s not done by Anderson I might go ahead and give a gurantee that it' ll be better. He' s the most idiotic director ever putting this sentimental shite in AvP. I wish they' d hire me as consultant or director or something. Then you would know what an AvP movie should be like.
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: After thoughts of AVP!!!! - Aug 14, 2004 19:53
i know what you' re talking about, yoshi. that part with the woman and the alien head? i laughed. hard. overall a pretty good movie.
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: After thoughts of AVP!!!! - Aug 16, 2004 19:14
As a huge Alien series fan (I have all 4 films on VHS and have them all on on DVD twice with the normal and special edition versions) I am really desperate to see this movie, but it isn' t out for about a month in the UK. Gutted. However, I am really worried about the direction the series is heading. I am scared that this film is going to destroy the Alien series (more so than the black comedy of Alien Ressurection that is). Paul Anderson is a horrendous director. I agree with Yoshi 100%. Why do Hollywood bosses keep giving him all these potentially huge movie projects given his track record. I mean, AvP, Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat all had the potential to be huge hits, but this guy just cannot direct. When will they learn!

I really hope he hasn' t raped the Alien series. I was also gutted to here that the folm heavily favors the Predator. NOOOOOOO!!!

Anyway, can anyone give the film praise beyond " it rocks" ? Why is it good or why is it bad?
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: After thoughts of AVP!!!! - Aug 16, 2004 20:15
I havnt seen the movie, and i probably won' t when it comes out. Its a great idea to pit those aliens against each other but anderson directing??? i was hoping joss whedon would do it.
besides its good to know that im not the only one who despises paul anderson. He ruined Mk and resident evil and thats enough to make any gamer go mad with grief. Thank god that someone else is handling RE Apocalypse.

Speaking of bad directors, who else thinks that John woo ruined MI2? He' s not a bad director mind you, but his films pack too much action. I have no problem with him directing rainbow Six, or spy hunter, but Metroid? ???? please no.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: After thoughts of AVP!!!! - Aug 17, 2004 01:06
I just got back from seeing this about an hour ago and thought that it was pretty good. Kinda too much build up to the fights and not enough fights but overall was pretty good. I wish there were more predators but meh I still liked it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: After thoughts of AVP!!!! - Aug 18, 2004 00:58
I really liked the movie so f*** Ebert and Ropehead! :D

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages