Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja Gaiden 2 on new engine?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Ninja Gaiden 2 on new engine? - Sep 19, 2007 20:38
Link

Ninja Gaiden 2 has been built on a completely new engine that promises to maximize the 360' s capabilities
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 on new engine? - Sep 19, 2007 22:58
Pfft. Could have fooled me. Maybe Itagaki just likes to stagnate in his graphical style. You would think they' d be trying to get it closer and closer to their badass CG clips in previous games like DOA3/4.

Disappointing really.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 on new engine? - Sep 20, 2007 00:01
I doubt it. It' ll just be a revision of the engine they' ve used in previous games, tailored towards the machines strengths. The game doesn' t look bad though. It looks nicer than Sigma, especially the lighting and particle effect, but Ninja Gaiden (and Team Ninja games in general) has a style that i think Itagaki is afraid to move away from.

I did expect a drastically improved engine for NG2, but i certainly don' t think the game looks bad. I' d like to see some of the other stages, particularly the darker and more gloomy levels so we can get an idea of the overall art direction. I' m not sure they chose the best level for the demo.

The game will be badass, that' s 100% guaranteed.

What i want to know is how long the game has been in development proper. It' s obviously pretty far along, so it' s likely that it was already in a playable alpha build before Sigma got green lighted, what with Sigma being a simple cosmetic upgrade and all.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 on new engine? - Sep 20, 2007 02:12

promises to maximize the 360' s capabilities

Considering the 360 is a piece of crap I don' t expect much from the game when I hear that.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 on new engine? - Sep 20, 2007 02:38

Considering the 360 is a piece of crap I don' t expect much from the game when I hear that.

You crack me up body!

oh wait!

you dont!
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Ninja Gaiden 2 on new engine? - Sep 20, 2007 07:53
The ninja gaiden engine looks similar to NG:2 engine just because it is produce for the 360, but because of the extra feature that the 360 hardeware has, tecmo decided to squeeze some more juice into it, for instince Resident evil and Resident evil remake both are the same but graphical start from the ground up. If this is a new engine, then I don' t know, and I don' t really care I just want to play it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll