Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 25, 2007 09:57
My friend just turned me on to a program called GIMP. It' s a free picture editing program that has sucked my life away for the past day & a half. Just wondering if anybody else on the forums is into this stuff. Started working on a signature for another forum (yeah, one of them places what got signatures)

It seems like it' s missing something, but I can' t think of what I could put in the already tiny space.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 25 Feb 07 1:58:00 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 25, 2007 10:04
Minimalism is the now man, it' s good

I' d like to take this opportunity to thank [adult swim] for everything. No, really.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 25, 2007 10:27
I' m going to have to try GIMP. Photoshop is too expensive and Paint will only take you so far.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 25, 2007 11:58

I' m going to have to try GIMP. Photoshop is too expensive and Paint will only take you so far.

pssst.....bittorent

unless you aren' t into that thing.......because, if you aren' t, I didn' t say anything........ What kind of pirates do that?!? *looks around with shifty eyes*

I will take a look at GIMP, I already spend hours messing about with photoshop, I may as well feed my addiction.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 25, 2007 11:59
It' s really awesome dude. I " secured" myself a copy of photoshop, & it really didn' t do much for me compared to this. I guess it' s because this one' s a little more user friendly. You tear your hair out for the first hour, make total sense of everything for the next 3, and then get frustrated again by some totally confusing concept.

Also thinking about doing one for PS3 and Wii. Not too sure about coloration for the Wii one though. Might just end up with a mostly blue thing.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 25, 2007 17:01
Photoshop owns all.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 26, 2007 02:01
I like drawing in Flash MX. It has a neat little after affect once you lay down your lines. Tho I do tend to use other paint programs in order to do other details

<---This little avatar was made in flash MX

Flash MX:

Photoshop:

Illustrator:

< Message edited by Mass X -- 25 Feb 07 18:02:25 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 26, 2007 23:21
Photoshop should be the only editing package you use... I use Photoshop mainly
for character designing and concept work... Oomp loompa, please present, exhibit
A:

Love Photoshop to bits, so much that I am on the verge of buying a legitimate copy..
< Message edited by Tiz -- 26 Feb 07 15:23:12 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 27, 2007 00:52
A friend of mine uses GIMP it is a well rounded picture editing program. So is MS Paint. I got Photoshop CS2. But i would say, It all depends on what you want to do. GIMP should satisfy all editing need. So too Photoshop and PaintShop Pro. Use Whatever and stick to it. It wouldn' t make sence having all 3 that would basically do the same for an average user.

Tiz if you created that entire character concept from scratch. I give you props for it. It is well done.

Made in Paint, just because I can...
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 26 Feb 07 16:56:34 >
Tiz

RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 27, 2007 01:15
What on earth is GIMP?

Tiz if you created that entire character concept from scratch. I give you props for it. It is well done.

Yeah, I did it completely from scratch and thanks for the props! I' m launching a website soon as I have now have the facilities to make it look professional.

I haven' t really known about any other paint packages aside from Paint and Photoshop.. SO I only really use Photoshop, anyone that uses MS Paint is just
stubborn.

Made in Paint, just because I can...

I' m still getting used to Photoshop though, trying to find as many different and cool
features as possible.. I wouldn' t say that everyone uses Photoshop 100%...

It' s a good thing I took graphics, otherwise I wouldn' t know.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 26 Feb 07 17:16:15 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 27, 2007 01:59
I' ve used Photoshop most of my com-time for artworks or editing.

Photoshop...heh, you don' t even need to used bittorrent . D/l it from the site officially, than use a crack serial to use it for free

Oh, and I just got Corel-Draw, hoping to try it out soon (I think it has better tablet support).
Tiz

RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 27, 2007 02:13

ORIGINAL: Byakko

Oh, and I just got Corel-Draw, hoping to try it out soon (I think it has better tablet support).

What' s Corel Draw??

Also, what kind of tablet are you using Byakko?
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 27, 2007 12:08
Corel Draws is something like Photoshop, but focuses more on emulating different paint/art styles instead of photo editing. I think it' s better with a tablet for emulating brush strokes. It' s paid software, not freeware or shareware.

I' m currently using a WACOM Graphire 3 tablet. I would like an Intuos, but you know how expensive they are =/ Mine is the larger one (forgot the dimensions).
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 27, 2007 14:40
I used to use GIMP on some Silicon Graphics workstations that ran Irix. It' s a nice, solid application! It can do pretty much anything Photoshop can... the main difference being that there are surely more people designing plug-in filters for Photoshop, since it' s the top dog. But I' ve got a soft spot in my heart for the GIMP...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 27, 2007 14:55
Photoshop With Wacom (and boredom):

All sketches took roughly a half an hour each. Didn' t put too much effort into it.
Tiz

RE: Anybody do Photoshop/PaintShop/GIMP? - Feb 27, 2007 19:22

ORIGINAL: Byakko

I' m currently using a WACOM Graphire 3 tablet. I would like an Intuos, but you know how expensive they are =/ Mine is the larger one (forgot the dimensions).

Intuoso' s are expensive, the one I wanted was about half a grand, managed to
get it for about £300, which was a nice bargain. :-)

I' m using an A4 Intuos3, and it mimics brush strokes extremely well, I only got it
recently, so I am not at all used to sketching on it, I sketch on paper then scan
onto my PC and then colour from there, as at the moment I prefer it that way..

But wow Rampage, that' s some good sketching on the Wacom Tablet... What one
are you using? An Intuoso?

Once you use Wacom, you never go back...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll