Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Chrome - The Google Browser
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 02, 2008 23:04
LINK

Mozilla won't be happy, they have a good working relationship with Google, or so it seems. At any rate, if anyone could turn out a functional browser, it's Google, but I don't think they'll be able to swing the user-customization support to compete with Firefox and Opera, even with it being open source.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 03, 2008 04:35
Just in time, I can't find a browser that works properly, Opera is ok, I find Firefox to be very annoying just by design and IE7/8 are both garbage.  I like IE though, if only the fucking thing worked.  I'm sick of losing my pages. 

We've reached an age where websites are bloated with so much code that browsers can't keep up.  I remember when everything worked perfectly, rock solid.  Now every dipshit worships the newest feature that invariably breaks something that used to function properly.  This site is a perfect example.  Ok it had a few bugs, but now it has a LOT of bugs that are far more irritating. 

The browsers are meaningless, it's the websites that need to tone it down.  The problem is that there's too much politics.  Too many software companies trying to get their dick in the door.  Now we have all these compatibility problems.

That being said, I like Google and hope they can do better than the others.  I think if they keep it simple and fast like their website, I'll have my new browser. 
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 03, 2008 04:51
Its light too . Hardly takes up 30 mb . Firefox hogs over a 100 ..
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 03, 2008 05:28
It's pretty good.  I was actually surprised how good it was. I might actually consider using it after they add all of the features.  The best part is having tabs be separate processes.  They copied a lot of things from Opera which is good.  It isn't very light, but I'm comparing it with Opera.  It uses up more memory and disk space.  And they still need to add a lot to it.  
A fair amount of firefox users with switch to this once it's fully released, not many others though.  
I'm really liking it though.  I would rather use it than firefox or IE.  
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 03, 2008 05:33
I agree with Agent Ghost that sites these days are much too bloated.  CSS is a nightmare and more and more people are building their sites in Flash and they are as user-unfriendly as possible (not to mention little Java applets everywhere).  All style, no substance.  That's why I built my site to be minimalist.  Looks good without any bloat, and looks the exact same on every browser.  A nice benefit of such a site is that it is quicker as well.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 03, 2008 11:09
2pac

Its light too . Hardly takes up 30 mb . Firefox hogs over a 100 ..

When did 100mb become hogging?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 07, 2008 07:49
I'm using Chrome right now, and I must say...$0$0$0$01) It's fast$0$02) It's simple and clean$0$03) No mouse gestures annoys!$0$0$0$0$0For simply surfing, it's great!  For more robust usage, I may need to go with Firefox because of the add-ons.  I really like it, though, and with mouse gestures it would be nearly perfect.$0
2pac

Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 07, 2008 07:58
Now Firefox isnt an issue for me because i have 4 gigs of ram but with 1 gb ram and vista , firefox's memory usage was a pain . Chrome isnt all that , its nice but i was back using firefox the next day ....
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 07, 2008 11:16
Nice. Simple, clean. $0Assuming it will eventually work with all the sites I need to visit (Opera still doesn't) this should make a nice replacement for Firefox.$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0hahaha, that's cute. I compliment the thing and it screws up my message. $0
<message edited by nekkid_monkey on Sep 07, 2008 11:17>
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 07, 2008 12:30
Is it Chrome or Kikizo?  I can't tell anymore, seeing as how Kikizo is in a constant state of disarray.  I sure wish they would re-center my page!
2pac

Re:Chrome - The Google Browser - Sep 07, 2008 16:41
its chrome .. For some reason google isnt too fond of kikizo ..

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll