Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 08, 2007 05:43
Some nutjob over at XS with a laptop, wiimote drivers, a PS2 controller emulator on his PC, and way too much spare time has perfected the Wiimote control scheme.

Only problem?

He' s not using it on a Wii.

Watch the guy play Halo 2 on his 360. It' s almost perfect! I don' t know why developers didn' t think of the idea sooner. If people start implementing this into proper Wii games, I' m sold on the console.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 08, 2007 08:22
Its sad (if this is for real) when one person can achieve what the big third party developers cannot.

I did notice the guy did not aim up and down though, only side to side. The controls did seem a little stiff at times but thats probably due to the dead zone to compensate for the Wiimotes sensitivity. I am very impressed though at the results none the less.

I' d really like to know how he did it. I tried hooking up the Wiimote to my PC. It works pretty good as a mouse doing basic windows functions but because the emulator makes the Wiimote as a gaming device and not a mouse when i tried playing a game it doesn' t work. I haven' t checked recently though, have they got emulation software that makes the Wiimote & Nunchuk = Mouse & Keyboard in windows?
< Message edited by Terrak -- 8 Aug 07 0:23:41 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 08, 2007 21:31
Can someone please e-mail that video to the people at Nintendo and Ubisoft?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 08, 2007 21:43
looks nice!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 09, 2007 01:37
Looks pretty cool, although it does have a learning curve to it. I' d love to see it in an actual match.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 09, 2007 04:05
If I know the guys over at XS as well as I think I do, it' ll only be a matter of time before we start seeing lookalike mods and some better footage of stuff like this. I' ll email the guy in question, ask him if he can play around a bit in campaign for the community to see.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 10, 2007 07:55
I' d agree with Terrak, in that the lack of up and down crosshair movement is disturbing. Looks like pushing the A button only allows you to turn, and not really aim at all. In Castle Wolfenstein or Doom that' s great, but in a game that requires up and down aiming?! Ummm, no thanks!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 10, 2007 08:17

I' d agree with Terrak, in that the lack of up and down crosshair movement is disturbing. Looks like pushing the A button only allows you to turn, and not really aim at all. In Castle Wolfenstein or Doom that' s great, but in a game that requires up and down aiming?! Ummm, no thanks!

I couldn' t really care less about the fact that it' s on a 360. I prefer the 360 controller to a mouse & keyboard.

I' m talking about using this same method of control on a Wii game.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: New Wiimote FPS Controls.... PERFECT! - Aug 10, 2007 18:12

I couldn' t really care less about the fact that it' s on a 360. I prefer the 360 controller to a mouse & keyboard.

I thought I was the only one.

Anywhooo, this is the true meaning of Wii60! If only Reggie wasn' t so arrogant...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll