Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Pwnage of Empires - Xbox 360 Indie Game - now available
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Pwnage of Empires - Xbox 360 Indie Game - now available - Jun 27, 2010 17:11
Pwnage of Empires is now available on the Xbox Live Indie Games marketplace.  

Real time strategy shoot 'em up. Pilot any unit. Blast away enemies in a tank or take the role of an engineer to build an army, including massive boss units. Team up with your friends and play cooperatively or take them on in skirmish or micro battles.

Players: 1 - 4
Players Co-op: 2 - 4
System Link: 2 - 16
HDTV 1080p
Custom SoundTracks
Live Players: 2 - 16

You can get it in the new releases section (it just came out today) for 80 MSP ($1). Please rate it 5 stars. If you can't afford it I have redemption codes I can give so you can download it for free.

(I made this game)
<message edited by locopuyo on Jun 27, 2010 17:13>
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Pwnage of Empires - Xbox 360 Indie Game - now available - Jul 01, 2010 22:28
I bought this Loco.  Haven't had a chance to play it yet, as I also got PQ2 from the arcade (so there goes this weekend), but I'll recommend it to mates and see if they'll shell out so we can play 4 player.  A quid each isn't bad at all.

Do you make enough on these projects to make them pay for themselves/future games?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Pwnage of Empires - Xbox 360 Indie Game - now available - Jul 02, 2010 18:44
Iad umboros

I bought this Loco.  Haven't had a chance to play it yet, as I also got PQ2 from the arcade (so there goes this weekend), but I'll recommend it to mates and see if they'll shell out so we can play 4 player.  A quid each isn't bad at all.

Do you make enough on these projects to make them pay for themselves/future games?

Thanks.

I make enough to pay for the $99 annual premium membership fee to have games on the marketplace.  That's about it though.  So far it's sold 175 copies for the first 4 days.  Microsoft gives the makers 70% of the price so that's about $125.  Pretty soon it will be off the new releases list on the dashboard and the only way people will know about it is by word of mouth.  Sales usually go down to 10 or so copies for a day for a month or so then eventually dwindle down to a couple a week.    

It's pretty much impossible to make a living off the indie games marketplace.  Pwnage of Empires took several months to make with pretty much full time hours invested into it.  Hardcore games that take a long time to make don't sell very well on the 360 indie marketplace, so there really is no way to justify it financially.  If you're doing it you're not in for the money.  Although it's nice to get a little bit to at least cover your costs.  I just make games that I want to make, I don't go for big sellers or do it for the money. 

I still have a bunch of games that I want to make.  The next 2 are going to be much smaller in scale.  I also have a lot more I want to do with Pwnage of Empires so I'll probably make a sequel after that.  

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll