Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA: San Andreas
1handle

• Total Posts : 11
GTA: San Andreas - Jun 15, 2004 20:33
I just read Adam Doree' s article about GTA: San Andreas. Doree is the Editorial Director of Kikizo Games.

Am I the only excited about this title?

I mean, here we are, normal people on this earth, some of us vanquished forever to our cubicles, while at home (or at friends' houses), we are given the ability to be the most ridiculously evil people in video game form.

I have no idea what came over me when I was playing GTA: Vice City (on Xbox) when, baseball in hand, I proceeded to whack the holy spit out of some pedestrian. Why? Because I didn' t the guy' s running shorts.

Seriously.

And you know what? I felt better afterwards. I can' t whack people over the head in real life. I want to whack them, but I just can' t. I guess I have morals. Or maybe I have seen too many episodes of Oz and I' m afraid of jail.

The thing that is most interesting to me is that this GTA will feature three full cities with the ability to travel between them. How many possibilities are there in the in-transit routes? Do you get to mug people who are changing tires? Knock over gas stations? Find cults in the desert?

GTA' s biggest draw to me has always been the exploratory element. I like to look around and see what I can find. GTA San Andreas is going to let me do that to my heart' s content.

And maybe I will get to whack a couple of people while I' m at it.
PresAgent

• Total Posts : 50
RE: GTA: San Andreas - Jun 15, 2004 20:41
If I' m not mistaken, it was last months Game Informer (or the month before that, too lazy to check) that had a cover story on San Andreas. The game is set to be launched in October, but thanks to that article alone, I have numerous friends praying it is October already. The game really looks amazing in my opinion. I think Rockstar will really be able to do some amazing things with this game, and I honestly hope they do.

I' m quite excited about the multi-city aspect too. I can' t really convey my true emotions about this game, because the only word that would come close to it would be: Wow!

Jeez, I' m going nuts in anticipation for this game already, and I typically never get hyped up about games. Also I read something about there being either 4,000 or 40,000 weapons in this game. The weapons have always been the most fun in this series, and I hope they make some really interesting and creative ones for San Andreas.

Lastly, I wish that Rockstar could make an exclusive version of this game for Xbox that taps the powerhouse inside the box and really make it much better in every way than the PS2. I love my PS2, but the Xbox could really be taken advantage of to make an absolutely huge game compared to the PS2. Oh well, can' t wait till this game comes out anyway, looks absolutely amazing.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTA: San Andreas - Jun 15, 2004 20:52
Of course Im excited for this game. I justr hope they do what they did with the other 2 GTA' s and put it out on X-box as well. Exclusive doesnt seem to have a real meaning these days so Im not to worried. The size sounds amazing and I hope they have a shitload of weapons as well (4,000 may be a bit esessive but dont mean I wont ejoy it). I love this free-roaming genration, Im trying to get all the games of the type GTA,Driv3r,Spiderman2 etc. neways Im just rambling so ima stop now.

basically yer not the only one upped for the game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll