Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - Apr 28, 2007 05:48
I dont the batarrang was ever intended to have rumble.

It cant be hard to put some rumble gizmos in the controllers. Only worrying thing is the battery life.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 27 Apr 07 21:50:23 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - Apr 28, 2007 07:37
The batarang was crippled. It was 100 times more freaky than the Wiimote, with 100 times less functionality. The analog sticks were these little knubly knurls with no real purpose other than stimulating small animals. The buttons were ridiculously placed (did you actually look at their R1 & L1 buttons?) and they still have the awful D-pad.

Edit: It was confirmed this morning, it' s gonna be called " DualShock Rumblebumbler" .
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 27 Apr 07 23:40:07 >
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - Apr 28, 2007 07:45
Omg please release the boomerang so we can bring back all those sweet jokes.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - Apr 28, 2007 08:57

The batarang was crippled. It was 100 times more freaky than the Wiimote, with 100 times less functionality. The analog sticks were these little knubly knurls with no real purpose other than stimulating small animals. The buttons were ridiculously placed (did you actually look at their R1 & L1 buttons?) and they still have the awful D-pad.

...i think the ps3arrang is an awesome piece of peripheral design.. ...and i' m convinced that Immersion and Sony would have no problems employing a simultaneous rumble and motion-sensing feature into it if the really but their minds to it....

...plus i' m pretty sure it' d actually come back to you after throwing it at your gf when she starts to moan about playing MGS4 too much...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 28 Apr 07 0:59:11 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - May 01, 2007 05:09

...i think the ps3arrang is an awesome piece of peripheral design

How?

i' m convinced that Immersion and Sony would have no problems employing a simultaneous rumble and motion-sensing feature into it if the really but their minds to it....
Immersion' s known how to combine tilt and rumble for ages, they just weren' t letting Sony touch it.

BTW, currently, the rumble servos wouldn' t fit inside the lame-a-rang. I' d bet money they chose that design becausde they didn' t think they' d cave sometime in the next year.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - May 01, 2007 07:18
I liked the original PS3 concept controller too. It' s probably far more comfortable than it looks, and my only reservations would be the buttons which appear to be more like the 360 controllers buttons and i' ve noticed that games like NGS are far better played with the PS3 controller than the 360 pad because of the buttons.

So, if NG2 goes multi-platform i' d probably buy the PS3 version, just like i will with DMC4.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - May 01, 2007 08:37
It did rather have the look of a double-ended sex toy though - but if it came with rumble wahey! It can' t be worse than the current style of ps controller which I' ve always felt were a bit plasticky and toy-like.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - May 05, 2007 04:31
The analog-sticks are terrible, everything else I don' t mind. Their D-pad is bad, but nowhere near as bad as the 360' s. I always end up jabbing the dang thing at diagonals.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Sony and Immersion start working on a rumble...axis - May 05, 2007 22:29
Damn that thing looks ugly.

The best controller that has ever been in my hands was the one from the Dreamcast. The PS controllers always felt to small. XBOX tried to copy the dreamcast controller but it didn' t fit as well in the hands as the Dreamcast one.

The only thing that besides the dreamcast controller that feels good in my hands are the nunchuck and the wii-remote.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll