Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 watch youtube videos on your 360
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
watch youtube videos on your 360 - Oct 30, 2007 08:47
So a while ago the winamp remote beta came out. You can run that on your PC instead of windows media connect and stream music and videos to your 360. You connect to it the same way you would with windows media connect.

But you can do a lot more with this. It lets you stream videos from sites like youtube. Which I thought was pretty cool.

It also lets you watch way more video file types like avi, any codec have your winamp supporting (as far as I can tell).

I think someone posted something about this a while ago, but I couldn' t find it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: watch youtube videos on your 360 - Oct 31, 2007 09:39
I love winamp, but Remote' s been giving me issues for a while now. Maybe it' s just the PC I' m on, but every time I try to access my collection from elsewhere, I get in, listen to a song, and then it times me out & I have to log back in.

It' s a really great idea, I just need to hammer out some of the quirks.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: watch youtube videos on your 360 - Oct 31, 2007 13:28
It works ok with the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, I haven' t tried it with the Wii yet. I only wish the audio and video files loaded up a little faster, but oh well.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: watch youtube videos on your 360 - Nov 01, 2007 08:18
I think the speed they load depends upon your PC. There is usually about a 1 second delay for the videos on my computer. The ones for youtube usually take a while longer though.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll