Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Awesome Cell Phone
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 21, 2006 22:58
I' m going to get a new cell phone and this SonyEricsson Walkman phone is both beautiful (I have never seen such a cool looking cell phone before) and filled with cool features. I think I' ll get it.
Click here for video

Click here for info

This wrist watch accessory is pretty cool too:
Click here for cool accessory

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 21 Nov 06 17:15:45 >
ginjirou

RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 22, 2006 00:01
If you want a cell phone more dedicated to music you might want to get the W905i
W905i
Touchscreen for easy navigation and 4 GB memory.

If you' re more into digital cameras then the K800i has a camera that can compete with dedicated digital cameras.
K800i

If you' re a bussinessman with lots of important meetings and tasks to be done then the P990i is the phone for you
P990i

I prefer the W850i though since it' s a perfect combination of music, video, phone communication, camera, design and price.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 21 Nov 06 17:15:31 >
ginjirou

RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 22, 2006 00:34
Daaaamn!
Why does Japan always get the coolest stuff?
Check these out:
http://www.sonyericsson.co.jp/product/index.aspx
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 24, 2006 03:52
Yeah, those cell phones are pretty sweet. I especially like the p990i, as I' ve been looking into getting a new smart-phone. That thing is EXPENSIVE AS HELL though! The LOWEST I could find it was $560!!!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 24, 2006 05:09
...i' m a cameraphone junkie, and the K800i looks pretty tasty... ...i already have one of Sony' s monster zoom pro-sumer Cybershot digital cameras, so the K800i is certainly tempting...

...as far as design goes though, none of these models are a serious rival to Nokia, but i do appreciate the W800i' s overall looks...
ginjirou

RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 24, 2006 06:24
Yeah, Nokia does some great phones. They used to be the best but lately I think their phones have become a little boring. SonyEricssons look more fun.
And when Nokia does a good looking phone it usually sacrifices some functionality.
I noticed a funny thing when I checked a site with cell phone reviews:
There are cell phone fanboys! That' s right. They have the same kind of arguments about which phone company is best as the videogame fanboys. I read a review of the W850i and immediately when some SonyEricsson fanboys had said how much SE rocks some Nokia fanboys came with lame fanboy comments.
I wonder if EVERYTHING in the world has fanboys.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 23 Nov 06 22:24:36 >
ginjirou

RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 24, 2006 06:35
This Nokia is really cool but it' s also completely useless if you want to use it for anything
The N91 is a good music phone but I felt the phone' s center of gravity to be oddly placed. It felt kinda weird when you held it. Very cool design though.
This SonyEricsson phone looks good
W900i
but be aware, the software sucks and is full with... er, what do you call it... bugs?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 23 Nov 06 22:36:20 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 25, 2006 07:12

I' m going to get a new cell phone and this SonyEricsson Walkman phone is both beautiful (I have never seen such a cool looking cell phone before) and filled with cool features. I think I' ll get it.
Click here for video

Click here for info

This wrist watch accessory is pretty cool too:
Click here for cool accessory

This Nokia is really cool but it' s also completely useless if you want to use it for anything
The N91 is a good music phone but I felt the phone' s center of gravity to be oddly placed. It felt kinda weird when you held it. Very cool design though.
This SonyEricsson phone looks good

Who is this idiot? You' ve got a really lame job, advertising for freaking Nokia. Go back to Gamespot n00b. We get more of these folks trying to sell us everything short of drugs.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Nov 25, 2006 08:49
I have an Nokia 6230i

http://www.nokia.ie/A4201115

It does everything, while it mightnt have the highest qauilty camera [1.3 mp] and not the biggest screen ever, it does do everything. I have 200mp3' s on my 1gb card, i use it as my mp3 player. It' s easy to use, unlike those gay motorola phones whose bluetooth takes a day and half to turn on. what I really like about is it practical design, its looks like a phone, unlike those ugly contraptions which they call phones that come out today.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 25 Nov 06 0:51:15 >
ginjirou

RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Dec 11, 2006 04:09
I know nobody here cares about cell phones but I just bought the W850i in the color precious black and it' s amazing!
I' m not going to mention obvious stuff like 3G speed Web browsing, organiser functions or videocalls but I will tell you about the extra awesome stuff. This is Sony Ericssons latest music phone so in order to not take light from their camera phones (k800i) or their smart phones (p990i) they have put lesser focus on that in this product.

The sound on the Walkman-player is awesome and it supports MP3, MP4, M4A, 3GP, AAC, AAC+, AMR, MIDI, IMY, EMY, WAV and Real8.
It has Sony' s Mega Bass which really, really turns up the bass and the stereo headset you get with the package are amazing, far above the average headset. I' ve yet to listen to a better headset than this. You can also plug in your own headphones into the headset cabel if you have better ones.

The orange wide button above the keypad is the Walkman button. Press that and you' ll bring up your Walkman player. Once you listen to music the button will flash to the music. It' s completely useless but it looks really cool and you' ll have people flocking around you when using it. Of course this feature can be turned off.
Thanks to the Walkman player you can easily create playlists, organise your tunes and see track, artist and album info on the screen.
The phone has multitasking so you can surf the web, write messages or other stuff at the same time you' re listening to music.
1GB of memory is in the package and you can upgrade to 4GB (Sony memory stick Pro duo).
The speakers are quite good too so if you want to listen to the radio along with some friend then it' s no problem.

In the package you get PC software that makes it very easy to transfer music and other files between the phone and PC' s. It even transfers files directly from CD, converting the files for you.
You can also install MMS, web and other settings very easy via Sony Ericssons website.

There' s also an FM-radio which works really great. The best thing about it is the TrackID feature. If you' re listening to a song on the radio and want to know the name of it you can easily press the TrackID option. This option records a couple of seconds of the song and then finds the information on the Internet to tell you the artist, track and album. It' s a free feature so the only thing you pay for is the data transfer. The feature has worked perfectly for me.
If you' re hearing music from another source then you can simply record that music too and do the same thing. Simply amazing.

The design of the phone is the best I' ve ever seen. It looks good, it works good and the weight has been placed on the right spots too so it feels really comfortable in your hand. It even has a metal bar in the middle of the top side making sliding the phone open much easier. My only design complaint would be that the top row of the buttons are to close to the screen part making it difficult for people with fat fingers to push those buttons. The size is like the W810i which is very impressive for a 3G phone. It doesn' t feel big like many other 3G phones.

The screen is big and has great colors and resolution. It has a sensor that measures the light in the room and adjusts the screenlight accordingly. Very convenient!
If you want to view videos or play games in widescreen it supports switching to that option.
One thing i dislike about the videoplayer is that you can' t pause, rewind or forward any videos. Too bad if you' re watching a long clip and needs to do something else for a while. Other than that the video playback is very satisfying. I converted some videos (Ergo Proxy actually) and they looked as good on my phone as on my PC. Subtitles were very sharp despite being un such a small screen.
The menus are easy to understand and if you want a more stylish menu you have the option to change theme in the options menu.
The included wallpapers react to your walkman player so they change color and pattern when turning the Walkman player on.

The camera kind of sucks for a Sony Ericsson phone. Of course, it' s Sony Ericsson which only Nokia can compare to when it comes to cameras. But compared to the K800i it sucks. It still takes decent pictures with it' s 2 megapixel camera. The reason it' s not great is the lack of auto-focus which means the pictures get a little blurry.
It does have facewarp which is a really funny feature where you can morf peoples faces in various ways. You can also edit pictures and add effects, reduce red eyes and stuff.

Everything else works flawlessly like organiser functions, phone calls, messaging etc. Right now I' d recommend this phone above any other 3G phone on the market.
I couldn' t get a Wii but this will keep me happy until I get one.

More info about the W850i on Sony Ericssons website
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 Dec 06 20:23:18 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Dec 11, 2006 07:12
I' m holding out for cell phone that uses prepaid cards and has GPS and a camera.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Dec 17, 2006 15:58

but be aware, the software sucks and is full with... er, what do you call it... bugs?

Can you be more specific with the w900i? How is it buggy? and whats the difference with this and the W900?

I myself was considering one of three:
Z710
W900
w850
ginjirou

RE: Awesome Cell Phone - Dec 17, 2006 22:57
The software in the W900i often crashes and the phone net coverage is very bad. It' s simply not well done.
The W900 and the W900i is the same phone. It' s just that it' s called W900 in China while the rest of the world gets the W900i.
I' d recommend the W850i over everything else but the Z710 is supposedly good too.
The Z710i uses Memory Stick Micro which doesn' t have the same capacity as Memory stick Pro Duo that' s used in W850i.
The Z710i is not a Walkman phone so the music features aren' t as advanced as the ones on the W850i. I' d recommend the W710i over the Z710i.
The design is important to many people so you should think what kind of model you prefer. The Z710i is a clam-shell model and the W850i is a slider model.
I don' t think the Z710i supports UMTS net either.
W850i
W900i
Z710i
W710i

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages