Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 killzone
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
killzone - Jun 05, 2004 04:59
i thought i could bring up a few lines of discussion with the uber-good-looking killzone, developed by guerilla games (formerly lost boys). if you haven' t seen the vids, you need to check them out, because the screenshots don' t do the game justice. the environments are beutifully detailed thanks to guerilla' s own multilayer texturing system, and the weapons and reloading animations are awesome. the reloading animations may not seem like a big deal, but a lot of work obviously went into it.

you really need to check this game out if you already haven' t. you can head over to www.gametrailers.com for the vids, and then you can drown in your own drool and wait until november (or sometime around there).
< Message edited by panzer_baiken -- 6/5/2004 5:00:42 AM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: killzone - Jun 05, 2004 05:12
Amazing graphics, but the AI needs work IMO.
panzer_baiken

RE: killzone - Jun 05, 2004 05:15
well, i agree, but that' s supposedly being worked on, since those videos are old.
< Message edited by panzer_baiken -- 6/5/2004 5:15:22 AM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: killzone - Jun 05, 2004 05:21
I was under the impression that the latest E3 Killzone vids were from the latest build of the game.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: killzone - Jun 05, 2004 14:21

ORIGINAL: lotusson

I was under the impression that the latest E3 Killzone vids were from the latest build of the game.

This is 100% correct. The E3 build was the very latest build and therefore all footage from it is up to date. They specifically did not submit Sony with any earlier builds since the several-months-ond version from like January or something, which was very dated, in order to make teh E3 build good. And it is. And all the exclusive vids in Kikizo' s " Ultimate Video Coverage" (http://games.kikizo.com/features/e32004videos.asp) show it!
panzer_baiken

RE: killzone - Jun 05, 2004 17:15
yeah, i just saw the new vids. the sniper rifle is awesome and lugar owns.
< Message edited by panzer_baiken -- 6/5/2004 5:16:11 PM >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: killzone - Jun 06, 2004 03:18
Looks good, but I hope it will have EXTENSIVE online support to make online worth buying for me. (FF11, Rachet, and SOCOM aren' t reason enough yet)
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: killzone - Jun 09, 2004 12:45
Looks alright, needs good online play or smething that makes it stand out from the crowd.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: killzone - Jun 09, 2004 12:52
I really don' t know what to think. I' d LIKE to think that it' s going to be great, but in all honesty, the Xbox may be the only system capable of a truly great next-gen FPS. I hope this proves that theory incorrect, because FPS is one of my favorite genres, but...

Well, let' s just leave it at that. It does look very good.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: killzone - Jun 12, 2004 09:55
This game has so much more going for it than can be seen in the videos. Supposedly it' s going to have " revolutionary" AI, although it isn' t seen in the videos. Not only that but check out the small things like the fact that the camera acts as your eyes would.

When you reload, the camera fixes in on what you are doing as if you are concentrating on getting the new magazine in, ect. When you climb ladders the camera shifts like no other FPS. When you are running along and there is a fallen tree in front of you, you have to hop over it, but the camera points down at your hand pushing you over the tree.

While some of this may seem superficial, it will have big effects in online play, I' m sure. It' s not just a run and gun game when the camera acts like your eyes.
panzer_baiken

RE: killzone - Jun 12, 2004 22:41
i highly doubt it' s going to be a run-n-gun game. it seems like it' s going to be more of a strategical game, having the excellent scripted events ( like call of duty) while still having super-smart a.i. ( like halo).
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: killzone - Jun 12, 2004 22:51
In the video showing the first level that I got from this site, I noticed one of the scripted events. Out of nowhere, 3 soldiers charge from the corner of a building at you.

While scripted events can work well, I hope it is a bit more seamless in the final product. Medal of Honor was done well, but at the same time I sometimes found it a bit cheesy. I just hope it isn' t the same way in Killzone, b/c I am really looking forward to it
panzer_baiken

RE: killzone - Jun 12, 2004 23:18
yeah, the moh series' s enemies have dull a.i., and the same thing happens every time you play the same level, but killzone' s enemies are totally driven by well constructed a.i., and i think that will work well with the scripted events( example- in the video of the 3rd level, there' s mortar fire everywhere). in a feature in official playstation magazine, the developers pitted the helghast against eachother in a simulated battle, and the result was different each time, so that' s just an example of how the battles will be.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll