Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Do you Like electronic music?
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
Do you Like electronic music? - Oct 05, 2006 01:41
I' m a huge fan of electronic music, drum & bass, IDM, tech house , minimal tech, NU Jazz and the list goes on (except trance). Can you tell me if any of you are into electronic music & if so who are your favorite artist &/or DJs
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Do you Like electronic music? - Oct 05, 2006 02:19
Hey Steptech,

I' m a big Metal fan but I love Industrial and a lot of electronic/experimental bands.

Anything on WARP records (Aphex Twin & Co) & Ninja Tune is almost guaranteed to be good.

Favourite Industrial peeps at the moment are: Laibach (who are going strong after 25+ years), Combichrist, Skinny Puppy (reformed, but your best bet is their 90' s stuff IMO), Download (a Skinny Puppy off-shoot who went techno) and a perenial avourite is Snog and Black Lung, although Snog' s output has been very country flavoured recently.

If you like step-tech/breakcore etc then check out Panacea, Knifehandchop, DJ Skud, Bomb20, Kid606, Second Gen and Hecate. These are all kinda industrial/d' n' b crossover, a bit like Technical Itch & co.

I can' t think of any good compilations I' ve bought recently - if you can find it try Future Noir: Beats for a New Dark Age, it has many good remixes of the bands above and originals by others, a very dark drum and bass 2CD affair.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Do you Like electronic music? - Oct 05, 2006 02:31
You need to visit
www.di.fm
steptechdotnet

RE: Do you Like electronic music? - Oct 05, 2006 02:44
Yeah, I love warp, been into that label forever, Apex twin, plaid, autechre, boards of canada etc. Actually you guys should check out http://www.deepmix.ru/index-e.php & stream the radio station, it' s all these sick Djs mostly from russia, and sometime the sets last for hours. It' s mostly minimal tech house really glitchy & futuristic stuf, Oh, and thanks gingirou, gonna go check that site out right now.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Do you Like electronic music? - Oct 05, 2006 02:44
Nice, now I just need subs for the laptop
steptechdotnet

RE: Do you Like electronic music? - Oct 05, 2006 03:14
I started producing some of my own stuff also. Check it out at www.myspace.com/steptechnology
it' s more minimal IDM stuff though. I' m moving to the Cayman Islands soon, so I' m gonna dedicate some time to work on more in depth stuff, didn' t really put much time in these as I' m still learning the software.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Do you Like electronic music? - Oct 05, 2006 06:47
Mostly Industrial. My favs are Front Line Assembly, Conjure One, Delerium, Assemblage 23, ATB and Apoptygma Berzerk.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll