Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Haze does indeed suck!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Haze does indeed suck! - May 20, 2008 18:39

Conclussion

Haze was touted as a great PS3 exclusive from a developer well versed in first-person shooter mechanics. While Free Radical does have a solid pedigree, Haze does not live up to the company' s reputation thanks to a horrible plot, weak gameplay mechanics and visuals that are truly underwhelming. While playing with friends is enjoyable, not even those are enough to bring this lackluster title around.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 20, 2008 18:46
I played the demo at a friends place and it seemed ok . 4.5 is a little too low i think ..
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 20, 2008 21:07
This isn' t surprising.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 20, 2008 21:30
I expected it to average around 7,5 or so.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 20, 2008 21:43

4.5 is probably about right. The game is seriously dull and uninspired.

At first i figured that because it was Free Radical then it' d probably end up ok, but afer seeing the previews and trailers... it just looked awful.

Bear in mind how many times it' s been delayed too. That' s always a bad sign. I even have reservations about Hells Highway now, purely because it' s been delayed numerous times.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 20, 2008 21:44
I was thinking 7 before the demo and was still thinking 7 after it. I think it' s okay. I like the idea about Nectar(Really funny to see your teammates stumble around after you accidently shot them in the neck) and also like the idea about becoming a rebel although it isn' t original. The 4-player co-op sounds interesting although I haven' t tried it yet. I' ll maybe buy it but it all depends on the Kikizo and GameReactor review
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 21, 2008 00:25

Bear in mind how many times it' s been delayed too. That' s always a bad sign.

Very true, but look at Grand Theft Auto IV. It got delayed multiple times, and while rockstar' s timeline was in retrospect unrealistic, it still got pushed back pretty significantly, and that game turned out to be gold.

Worst case scenario, BiA3 will be on-par with the first two installments. I can' t see them making any component of it unplayable, nor can I see Ubisoft releasing subpar code for the game, not after this many delays.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 21, 2008 00:59
I suspect the GTA delay was more to do with Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy than anything else.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 21, 2008 01:13
I' d heard rumors that the 360 version has been sitting pretty, short of some optimization since November-December ish. I' d also heard that the PS3 version was slightly behind in schedule (which is funny, because it wound up being visually more impressive), so I' m not sure which way I' d take that.

I mean, it makes sense, but I can imagine a lot of the polish went on in the last few months before launch.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 20 May 08 17:13:32 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 21, 2008 10:26
From the commercials the graphics looked like Halo 2... I knew it would suck.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 21, 2008 20:06

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I' d heard rumors that the 360 version has been sitting pretty, short of some optimization since November-December ish. I' d also heard that the PS3 version was slightly behind in schedule (which is funny, because it wound up being visually more impressive), so I' m not sure which way I' d take that.

I mean, it makes sense, but I can imagine a lot of the polish went on in the last few months before launch.

However technically the 360 version is far superior as it runs at a higher resolution and with about 17-18% more fps (The last one is according to Eurogamer, anybody got a different source for that?). So I think it' s kinda possible that the 360 version had been finished beforehand and that they used the time to optimize it.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 22, 2008 00:05
It doesn' t really matter what' s best. The game is awesome(GTA IV)
< Message edited by Kelvinellenton -- 21 May 08 16:05:53 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 22, 2008 00:14

I suspect the GTA delay was more to do with Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy than anything else.

QFT

Rockstar picked a perfect time to release GTA IV, as there was nothing " big" that was coming out at the same time. If they would have released the game at the original release date, they would have been up against Halo 3, and SMG. It was best for them to release in April so that they could literally be the only game in town.

I' m sorry, but I just don' t buy the whole " PS3 held GTA IV back for 360 owners" shit. If in fact the 360 version was completed long before the PS3 version, and the extra time used for optimization, then the 360 version at that time was most definately not a product worth releasing. You can' t tell me that there aren' t several flaws in the 360 version of GTA IV. I just wonder how many more there would have been if the so called completed version came out last fall/winter.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Haze does indeed suck! - May 22, 2008 00:19

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

I' m sorry, but I just don' t buy the whole " PS3 held GTA IV back for 360 owners" shit.

Even though Rockstar themselves said that was true?

Doesn' t really matter though. Game turned out awesome and that' s all anybody cares about.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll