Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 06:08
LINK!

Notice support for the Mote-Chuck combo, the classic-controller (disproving Nintendo' s statement that no new games will use the " Classic" ), the Gamecube controller, and the straight-up Wiimote control schemes.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 06:13
yeah i read this last week, everything supported = everyone happy.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 06:37
Did you guys notice that if you' re only using the Wiimote you have to press the A and B at the same time in order to execute a " Smash" ? As it doesn' t have an analogue joystick to detect a tap on the joystick.

This is what I' ll be using.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 5 Jul 07 22:38:40 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 07:14
Is that classic controller comfortable? It looks a bit old fashioned.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 07:24
I haven' t tried it. I only intend on buying a Wii when SSB is out, and only if it warrents buying a Wii for one game.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 07:27
Glad the Gamecube controller is supported. Too bad the Wii Remote is needed to even boot up the game, though (Gamecube controller doesn' t work in the Wii menu).
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 12:09

Glad the Gamecube controller is supported. Too bad the Wii Remote is needed to even boot up the game, though (Gamecube controller doesn' t work in the Wii menu).

Hopefully they' ll fix that up in an update, but SSB seems to just keep getting beeter every new edition that comes out.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 16:00

Is that classic controller comfortable? It looks a bit old fashioned.

It' s honestly not that great. Its not as good as a snes, genesis, or saturn pad. The shoulder buttons have a bit too much draw, the buttons are a bit nubby and raised too high, the joysticks have less effort than would be ideal and feel very notchy. The D-pad is also pretty crappy, much like everything since the snes or genesis/saturn.

Add in the fact that it' s sized for children and small japanese folk, and you have a sub par controller thats overpriced ($30 in Canada).

This isn' t just me bashing the Wii btw, I think the wii-mote and nunchuck are much better.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 21:49
That' s funny, because I actually liked the Classic controller. I mean, it' s no SNES for sure, but it' s better than fiddling around with the Wiimote. I do agree that the thumbsticks need more resistance though. that & the weird button placement on the inside of the shoulder buttons, what are we supposed to use those for!?
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Smash Bro' s Controls Revealed! (Not Just Cube Controller!) - Jul 06, 2007 22:25
The classic controller, while not perfect is still easily one of the beter ones out there.

The D-pad is just the same as the Gameboy Micro and does the job really well and is MUCH better than the 360 and PS3 D-pads (pulling moves on in streetfighter II is easy)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll