Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft " misjudged" 360 Demand
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Microsoft " misjudged" 360 Demand - Feb 19, 2008 09:02
Courtesy of some backwater gaming site... I think it' s called Kikizo.

After selling well over a million Xbox 360 over the Christmas period in the US, Microsoft now appears to be running low on stock of the two-year-old console.

" We are really running short of product here in the United States," Microsoft' s Jeff Bell told Reuters. " You could say we misjudged demand."

Bell said that the unexpected surge for Xbox 360s means that there will likely be fewer consoles available during February than the company would like.

He added that by the spring, Microsoft would be able to meet demand.

And just in time too. Grand Theft Auto IV, a game many reckon to be a contender for the biggest game of 2008, is due for release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in April, and with Sony starting to catch Microsoft in certain regions, the last thing Microsoft wants is to leave potential customers hanging.

Alex Wollenschlaeger

Any ideas as to why their supply is as low as it is? I can' t imagine they just stop producing xboxes for months at a time, but my focus is more of the first round of a new set of machines, not how they keep turning them out.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll