Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Beckham signs for LA Galaxy.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 20, 2007 00:22
I know this is old news at this stage but what the hell. So Beckham has signed for LA Galaxy in a deal worth 250 million dollers! WTF! It just goes to show that he really doesn' t give a shite about playing in a decent league because lets be honest, the American league is pretty shite. All he cares about is the money. He really is a complete sellout who cares more about his celebrity status then he does about playing decent football. He is an overrated player anyway. What an asswipe!
< Message edited by Duffman -- 19 Jan 07 16:24:09 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 20, 2007 00:41
At least it should help " football" become more popular in the USA.
Duffman

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 20, 2007 00:56
Yeah I never thought of it that way. It might help soccer in the states but Beckham does not have the same class and skill compared to a player like Ronaldinho.
locopuyo

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 20, 2007 04:29
I don' t know who that is. The only soccer players I know are Beckham and that Z guy who pwnt a nub with his head. I think that is true for many Americans. It does spike my interest a little that Beckham is playing and I may end up watching a game, but we' ll see.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 20, 2007 06:58
Whoa, Duffman let' s get one thing straight, Beckham was shat on from a great height by Real Madrid, he has what 4 maybe 5 years playing left in him (maybe less due to the injuries he has had.) So he has to make as much money as he can to keep Vicki in her designer outfits and to pay for bodyguards for Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz, coz we all know they are going to get the living shite kicked out of them for having stupid names when they goto school.

It is an investment by the MLS because Beckham is a world wide brand therefore there will be more interest in US soccer, and advertising people will see every opening to punt their wares on people by using it as an advertising medium. They did the same thing in the 70' s with Pele, Best and Beckenbauer, however there wasn' t the marketing then and it fell on it' s face, yes the gimp faced Brazillian is a more skilfull player however he is still in his prime and so it would cost them more than the $125 million they are paying him for 5 years. Beckham only has this left in him and in that time he will have generated something like 4 times that amount for US soccer.
Duffman

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 20, 2007 22:21

Duffman let' s get one thing straight, Beckham was shat on from a great height by Real Madrid, he has what 4 maybe 5 years playing left in him

Yeah ok he wasn' t treated well by Madrid. If he has 4 or 5 years left in him why the hell didn' t he go to a decent club where the standard of football is alot better!! This is my point, he just went for the money and thats it! He is just a sell out who cares more about his fucking celebrity status then he does about playing decent football. Beckham is still only 31 and so as you said still has a few years left in him. He could have went back to England or maybe to Italy or France where the standard of Football if ALOT better then it is in the States.

Beckham only has this left in him and in that time he will have generated something like 4 times that amount for US soccer.

Oh come on! Do you think Beckham gives a shite about generating money for US soccer! All he cares about is the 250 million he is getting. I don' t think Beckham cares about promoting soccer in the States. If I was Beckham, why the hell would I want to play in a substandard league when I could play in a world class league? Beckham is a sellout.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 20, 2007 22:39
Beckham was pure shit right after he left the Man U.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 23, 2007 02:46

He really is a complete sellout who cares more about his celebrity status then he does about playing decent football. He is an overrated player anyway. What an asswipe!

Wow. At least he is going to be 250 M richer. He is not as he used to be in his prime back in 2002 but he still plays well as a team not solo.
alijay034

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 23, 2007 04:56
Yes I would say that Beckham has to give a shite about US soccer, it' s his name on the line and whilst he will be getting $125 over the 5 years he will still need advertising revenue and if he is playing badly then he won' t be picked up, plus he still harbours dreams of playing for his country again, so yes I would say he does care about football in the US.

You say Beckham cares nothing about promoting football, he has setup soocer schools in the inner cities to allow kids to have the same chances he had.

If Beckham came back to England he would be seen as failure, not being funny but French league is crap, Italian league is corrupt, Barca wouldn' t have him seeing as he snubbed them, why not go over to the states show his " Skills" get the kids excited and make some money.

And no he wasn' t shite when he left Man U, he was never allowed to fully recover from the broken metatarsals and back injuries he had.
Duffman

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 23, 2007 11:17

$125 over the 5 years

He will be getting $250 million over the 5 years.

he will still need advertising revenue and if he is playing badly then he won' t be picked up, plus he still harbours dreams of playing for his country again, so yes I would say he does care about football in the US.

Beckham is already worth several million just from advertising deals alone! He does not need more advertising revenue because he is already fucking LOADED! LOL if Beckahm wants to play for his country again, playing in the American league is not going to prove anything to Steve Mc Claren. Beckham needs to play in a decent league where the standard of football is ALOT better then it is in the American league if he wants to prove anything to Steve McClaren.

not being funny but French league is crap, Italian league is corrupt, Barca wouldn' t have him seeing as he snubbed them,

Ok the French league isn' t the best league in the World but it is still fucking miles better than the American league. The issue with the Italian league is over, it is still a good league with a good standard of football. He could have went to Germany, Holland, Scotland which are all better leagues than the American league.

why not go over to the states show his " Skills" get the kids excited and make some money

Beckham has already made Millions! He does not need to go to the states to make more! As I said before he should be concentrating on his football not money! How much money does he need FFS! He should have stayed in Europe where he can still prove that he is a decent player. He should not go to America just to add more money to his mountain of cash.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 23 Jan 07 3:20:56 >
locopuyo

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 23, 2007 14:52
I don' t really know what he is like or anything but if he is already loaded and doesn' t need any more money and he could play in better leagues if he wanted to then maybe his goal is to make soccer better in the USA.
alijay034

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 23, 2007 21:15
Duffman sorry I am getting my $ and £ confused in the contract value.

I understand your views on the other leagues in Europe, however I still think that the US league is an up and coming league and with the amount of money that is possibly available then this league could in theory produce a future world championship side. Other players are also starting to moot ideas of going over to the states to play, so this could be the start of a revolution of soccer in the US.
Duffman

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 23, 2007 22:18

I understand your views on the other leagues in Europe, however I still think that the US league is an up and coming league and with the amount of money that is possibly available then this league could in theory produce a future world championship side. Other players are also starting to moot ideas of going over to the states to play, so this could be the start of a revolution of soccer in the US.

Yeah I can understand that Beckham moving to the States will get more people interested in soccer over there but I think that he is still a good player and at 31 still has a few more years left which is why I think he should have went to a better league.
alijay034

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 25, 2007 04:15
I think that alot of clubs and managers would be put off with all the society that comeswith Beckham, at least in the states they are more geared up to that sort of stuff.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 25, 2007 05:00
There' s an insane amount of money to be made playing Soccer in the US, especially for well known European players. No doubt Victoria is pushing this move, i expect she' ll be looking at re-igniting her singing career out there. Doesn' t she have ties to Damon Dash?
alijay034

RE: Beckham signs for LA Galaxy. - Jan 25, 2007 23:59
She did but I doubt if she will get involved with him again, seeing as there was the rumour of an affair between the 2 just before the Rebecca Loos story broke.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll