Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Pet Peeves(?)...Things that REALLY bother you.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Pet Peeves(?)...Things that REALLY bother you. - Dec 02, 2004 19:24
OK...I decide to post this thread, because there are just a few things that bother me so much as to write about them.

These are my pet peeves (if that' s the correct spelling):

1) Late without calling.

2) Don' t tell me you' re gonna do something, and then not do it without good reason.

3) Talking in movie theaters during movie - once those lights are down, shut up!

4) Don' t be late with the money you owe me. If you are late, at least have the balls (or berries) to tell me in advance...maybe we can work something out.

5) People slowing traffic to see an accident that doesn' t involve them and/or the same side of the road.

6) Videogames that are hyped as the " greatest" , but play like cr**!

7) You can' t return, for full refund, a CD, Game, or DVD once it' s opened - who decided that all of us should be punished for those few that screwed up?

8) Girl-/Friends that cheat/lie to your face, then act like their your best friend.

Well, that' s enough from me...

What are some of YOUR pet peeves?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Pet Peeves(?)...Things that REALLY bother you. - Dec 02, 2004 20:34
1)For some reason I hate seeing ppl miss parts of a movie whether in theatres or elsewhere. I dunno why it bugs me it just does. If yer one those ppl and then come back and ask me what you missed dont expect to hear much.

2)People who ask what colors can I see and then do 20 questions by pointing to objects around and asking " What color is that?" -I' m colorblind if you cant tell form that.

3)Girlfriends who refuse to be natural in front of their boyfriend...actually any1 who changes thier personality just because som1 else is around. " Lets go play dungeons and dragons...just after my nizzles come back wid' em bitches and hos yo!"

4)Peers who dont know a damn thing about a computer. Its almost 5 years into the new millenium wtf have you been doing?

5)Friends who say they enjoy yer company but never make the effort too see you.

6)When yer in a convo and then suddenly the person changes the topic unknownly to you and assumes that you know exactly what they' re talking about.

" So this movie I was watching is quite good."
" That girl is talented."
" What girl?"
" Like did you hear that one by her?"
" WTF are you talking about you crazy bastard?!"
" Neways I gotta go talk to you later."
" HUH!?!?!?!"

Later the person would come back sayin gthey were listenign to a song by so and so. Yet it sounded like they couldve been talkign about the movie but were actually talkign abotu a completely different thing but failed to mention main titles such as the fact we were switching topics in the firts place.
You know what I mean? Im trying to remember this one conversation it just damn near caused me to shoot myself with its sheer stupidity and lack of major details.

< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/2/2004 9:47:25 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Pet Peeves(?)...Things that REALLY bother you. - Dec 02, 2004 21:33
Great topic. I LOVE to complain! In no particular order:

-People who are constantly late. What is their problem? They should be murdered.

-Bad sound and picture quality in movie theaters (this pretty much means all AMC theaters, most Carmikes and Cinemarks, lots of Regal' s. etc)

-People who think they know more than they do. It really pisses me off because I know more than they do, but they refuse to accept logic and change their flawed opinions. It drives me nuts talking with someone who just got a new computer and suddenly thinks they know everything about editing a movie or authoring a DVD or even building a web page. My dad can be like this. He recently got a Mac and told me that " iDVD is only if you want to burn a DVD that will play on a Mac computer, not a DVD player" . I said " No, iDVD can be used to make real DVDs, though of course DVD Studio Pro is better" . He replies with " No, it says in the little tutorial on the Mac that iDVD can only be used to make Mac DVDs, and if you want a DVD that will play in anything, you must use the Finder" . OK. No. But OK, just stop talking.

-TV commercials with singing or dancing or retarded people in them. That' s basically ALL TV commercials I guess.

-People who insist on stretching their 4:3 image to fill their 16:9 TV screen. It looks so wrong. I guess when you' re retarded it doesn' t matter if the onscreen image looks distorted or not.

-Best Buy employees. They are all morons. They push Monster Cable like there is no tomorrow. Sorry guys, Monster makes a decent cable, but I don' t feel like getting raped in the ass to pay for them. They don' t make a world of difference. In fact in most cases the difference will be negligible. And they always try to push the warranties on you. They insist that whatever you happen to be buying WILL break. Then why are they selling shoddy merchandise? I have even known people who have bought the plans and when something actually did happen, Best Buy gave them the runaround.

-Wal*Mart. They used to be OK, but now they suck ass. They outsource everything they can and don' t pay their workers much. In some cases I hear they don' t even let their employees work full time just so they don' t have to pay benefits.

-Incompetance. I also have a very low tolerance for stupidity, and I have to deal with it quite often.

-Traffic, especially during the holidays. Where are all these people during the rest of the year? Why are they not at work? It' s 10:30am on a Thursday, everyone should be at school or work. Why are they all on the road and at the mall? I think that there should be a human hunting season to thin out the population.

-Compression artifacts in video or audio. I just can' t stand it. If I can see or hear that it is compressed, then that codec is a complete failure in my opinion. Sometimes I make an exception, like with internet-based video. But for HDTV I don' t like seeing things turn into giant pixels when the motion starts getting fast. For JPEG images on the web, I do not make exceptions. Have you seen the picture files people e-mail around and/or post on their moronic websites (usually humor-related nonsense)? I have actually tried and I cannot even make JPEG images look that bad with all of those nasty artifacts. There is no reason to compress it THAT MUCH! I' d say most people have broadband nowadays, and it' s getting cheaper. Quit compressing! Don' t go below " 7" when compressing your JPEGs, please!

-When I' m taking a nice, long, warm piss or a huge man-sized dump or maybe some soothing diarrhea, and the phone rings and it is a call I was expecting or the doorbell rings and it is someone who I was expecting, like Fed Ex with an overnighted package that I HAVE to sign for right now or else!

-People who actually think that the SNK Neo Geo was a 24-bit machine when, in fact, it is a 16-bit machine just like the Genesis. The Neo Geo had a 16-bit main CPU and an 8-bit CPU that was in charge of the sound. That does not equal 24-bits, people. if it does, then the Genesis is also 24-bit, because it has the same 16-bit CPU as the Neo Geo (albeit at a slower Mhz) and the exact same 8-bit Z-80 to run the sound.

-Electronic' s Boutique employees. They are dumbasses, and so is the whole EB corporation. I don' t care if EB is my home for reserving Halo 2, you don' t need to tell me that every time I call, asswipes! All EB and former EB employees should be murdered, with the exception of... umm... I forget his name but he worked there a long time ago and he was a great guy.

More later, maybe.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 12/2/2004 9:42:35 PM >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Pet Peeves(?)...Things that REALLY bother you. - Dec 02, 2004 23:05

1. TV commericials - enough already!

2. Bad spelling in published books -- that' s what editors are for.

3. Overly hyped videogames that turn out to be just mediocre or plain crap.

4. Overly talkative people -- give me a break!

5. Telemarketers!!!

6. SPAM!!!

7. Furniture store sales reps that follow you around constantly.

8. Hypocrites!

9. Incompetence - I agree with you Joe.

10. Overly happy people and/or people that are too damn nice all the time (makes me think they' re up to something)!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Pet Peeves(?)...Things that REALLY bother you. - Dec 03, 2004 00:36

-People who actually think that the SNK Neo Geo was a 24-bit machine when, in fact, it is a 16-bit machine just like the Genesis. The Neo Geo had a 16-bit main CPU and an 8-bit CPU that was in charge of the sound. That does not equal 24-bits, people. if it does, then the Genesis is also 24-bit, because it has the same 16-bit CPU as the Neo Geo (albeit at a slower Mhz) and the exact same 8-bit Z-80 to run the sound.

That right there is my all-time BIGGEST Pet peeve and I totally agree with you!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Pet Peeves(?)...Things that REALLY bother you. - Dec 03, 2004 00:49

-Traffic, especially during the holidays. Where are all these people during the rest of the year? Why are they not at work? It' s 10:30am on a Thursday, everyone should be at school or work. Why are they all on the road and at the mall? I think that there should be a human hunting season to thin out the population.

LOL!!! You are absolutely right, Joe, especially that last sentence!

5. Telemarketers!!!

I can not stand them either!!! Maybe there should be a hunting season to thin their herd!

-When I' m taking a nice, long, warm piss or a huge man-sized dump or maybe some soothing diarrhea, and the phone rings and it is a call I was expecting or the doorbell rings and it is someone who I was expecting, like Fed Ex with an overnighted package that I HAVE to sign for right now or else!

Instead of being at home, like you Joe, it would be me at work doing those things when I am paged. Happens every da** time!
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Pet Peeves(?)...Things that REALLY bother you. - Dec 05, 2004 02:15

Instead of being at home, like you Joe, it would be me at work doing those things when I am paged. Happens every da** time!

Hahaha That' s soooo funny that happened to me back when I worked at Rugged Wearhouse and since I was the fitting room person I had to like quickly do my thing and get out...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll