Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Actionloop DS review
jonas

• Total Posts : 1
Actionloop DS review - Jul 21, 2007 07:34
Hello,

I have recently read the Actionloop DS review here at kikizo, and while I thought most of the review was good and in some cases insightful (I never thought about the issues of colorblindness and puzzle games! It was very interesting), I feel I must bring to your attention the egregious wrong you have done to Mitchell, the developer, by claiming that their work is a Zuma rip off.

The first game in the ' loop' series was created by Mitchell in 1998 as an arcade cabinet, and a Playstation 1 game soon followed (called Puzzloop, but I think released in the US as Ballistic). Mitchell themselves were called on somewhat for copying the play-controls of bust-a-move (puzzle bobble), but I think that' s up to interpretation (the ' deep game' of PB & PuzzLoop differ quite a lot).

Zuma, however, was created afterwards, much to the disdain of Mitchell, and is an obvious clone. I don' t want to advertise anyone in particular while providing this information, so search for ' Zuma Puzzloop' on your favorite search engine or look at " Plagiarism controversy" under Zuma' s Wikipedia article for more information.

It' s an honest mistake, but it was tough to see Mitchell (the little guy!) get slammed repeatedly for " shamelessly ripping off" Zuma.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Actionloop DS review - Jul 21, 2007 07:36
Welcome to the forums Jonas! Somebody up top will probably get back to you on that, as it does just seem like a simple mistake. Untill then, feel free to hang out here with all the crazy people.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Actionloop DS review - Jul 21, 2007 09:46

with all the crazy people.

And the drunk people as well!

Welcome to the forums jonas.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages