Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz)
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 01:34
It' s a nice and objective view of 3 competitors.

Fanboys will have hard times reading it though.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=18765
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 02:55
A nice, fairly written article. It' s good to see some perspective on it, but it fails to really mention the wii - unless i missed it.

Still good to hear things a little more objective than yeah M$ have won already and sony are dead in the water, as seems to be the vibe these days.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 03:30
Seems to me they got the numbers wrong, the Xbox 360 has more sold units than 2.100.000 sold if i remember correctly they should be aroud 5 million at this point!
Good Man

• Total Posts : 54
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 03:38

Seems to me they got the numbers wrong, the Xbox 360 has more sold units than 2.100.000 sold if i remember correctly they should be aroud 5 million at this point!

Not to be rude on the matter but the article states that 3.3 million in US and 1.3million in Europe coming to a total of 4.6 Million with the addtional several thousand. Which would indeed put it at 5 million to the articles calculations.

That is an interesting read, abliet very little factual analysis, tho that was not the point of the article anyways. It' s quite true that much of the blame for the bad press lies with the heads of Sony for their irrational veiws on things. Still tho at this point it' s all one big mystery anyways. Which in itslef is not good either for these 2 new consoles will be out in just under 4 months and theirs still crazy speculation going on at a time where concrete evidence should slowly be filtering in.

However, TGS is coming up so much of this debate should be a little bit more tame soon after.

Hugs and Butterfly kisses Gangsta.
< Message edited by Good Man -- 7 Aug 06 19:46:49 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 04:33

ot to be rude on the matter but the article states that 3.3 million in US and 1.3million in Europe coming to a total of 4.6 Million with the addtional several thousand. Which would indeed put it at 5 million to the articles calculations.

my bad,
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 05:10

Hugs and Butterfly kisses Gangsta.

We need to bring back the Evil personality of thi " man" - I can' t stand it...he' s so fuckin polite now !!!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 05:15
Wow, They mentioned Nintendo once. The guy may be objective, but I think he inaccurately assessed the next gen war.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 06:56
i really think that all the fire agains SONY is beginig to fade and the industry´s eyes are opening, the 360 is far from a succes, they have just shipped 5 millions not sold them, is not selling well anywere in the globe, i mean in every major market its being outselled by both the PS2 and DS Lite and this is a key moment for them, the PS3 and the wii are about to launch, the consol war is far from over
< Message edited by fernandino -- 7 Aug 06 22:59:41 >
Good Man

• Total Posts : 54
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 08, 2006 07:04
Oh my dear little buddy, where do you get this impression?
Internationally true it is not a dominate force, but as per territory (US more then anywhere else) it is doing quite fine as it approaches its first full year.

And who preytell besides a few little fan buddies considers the console war done? Some Sony and Nintendo little fan buddies declare victory as well and they dont even have a console to truly back just yet.
< Message edited by Good Man -- 7 Aug 06 23:06:40 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 09, 2006 11:23

ORIGINAL: Good Man

Oh my dear little buddy, where do you get this impression?
Internationally true it is not a dominate force, but as per territory (US more then anywhere else) it is doing quite fine as it approaches its first full year.

And who preytell besides a few little fan buddies considers the console war done? Some Sony and Nintendo little fan buddies declare victory as well and they dont even have a console to truly back just yet.

U are quite right, the 360 is doing well in the US YET its doing pretty bad everywhere else, there is no place in the world where the 360 is number one in sales, this time no 360 game made it into the top 10 most sold games in Japan or in the UK, in the US game sales NCAA Football 07 made it to 4th and GRAW to 10th and that is that.

u are also right about no one here have claimed that the war is done so yeah, my bad
< Message edited by fernandino -- 9 Aug 06 3:23:54 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Another great take on the industry and next-gen by Rob Fahey (gamesindustry.biz) - Aug 09, 2006 15:13
It may be a gross oversight not including Wii in the mix, but my take is that with Wii Nintendo is doing what it set out to do, not compete with the other 2 companies and form a market unto itself (thanks to the Wiimote), where neither 360 or ps3 can really compete. In that case his assessment to ignore Wii is feasible to a certain extent.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll