Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 18, 2008 01:52
I found 3 gameplay videos from Killzone 2 on GameTrailers

Hasn' t been posted so I thought I would share

Gameplay video nr. 1

Gameplay video nr. 2

Gameplay video nr. 3

Looks cool... unfortunatly no HD version

And I just found 6 new screenshots

< Message edited by Kelvinellenton -- 17 May 08 17:59:46 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 18, 2008 02:08
You just beat me to it!

Check out the gun in the last 30 seconds of the third video. This is what I was expecting from Call of Duty 4 and 5.
Kelvinellenton

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 18, 2008 02:14
I love the reloading and recoil
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 18, 2008 02:17
The game looks very pretty. The lighting is great from what we can see in the vids. I think we' ve seen better explosions, and the helghast seem a little slow to react to getting shot sometimes. The shooting feels a little sluggish and weak to me. Anyone else feel that way?
Kelvinellenton

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 18, 2008 02:22
I' m just glad that the game doesn' t do what other games usually do = All the enemies shoots after me when I' ve got five AI partners standing up and looking stupid.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 18, 2008 02:44
Except for the awesome lightning, i' m not impressed, i don' t know what' s impressive in that third video( the only video i saw), the art design is not great, it' s dull and lucks colors, the explosions are not great , even GTA 4 explosions are better. i don' t know what you guys are seeing.

COD 4, now that was freaking impressive at the time and still now. i wish developers take note of that lightning it will be sweet as a standard. much like HDR.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 18, 2008 03:21
The way them ships? move arcoss the air is sick.. Almost like they are controlled by seperate single processor, just Fluid with no constraints.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 18, 2008 06:05
The graphics are good, it' s the best looking PS3 game from what I can tell.
However, the gameplay looks duller than the color pallet.

It is hard to judge from low resolution videos, but the lighting doesn' t look all that great. There are some nice effects there, but the shadows don' t look that great.

Also, the field of view is like 30 degrees.

This game doesn' t impress me much at all. The graphics are nice looking for a PS3 game, but they aren' t as good as in COD4 or Gears of War.

Maybe the multiplayer will be good, but I doubt it after seeing how bland the single player is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 00:40

loco

Characters react far better to their environments in this than CoD4.

Except for the awesome lightning, i' m not impressed, i don' t know what' s impressive in that third video( the only video i saw), the art design is not great, it' s dull and lucks colors, the explosions are not great , even GTA 4 explosions are better. i don' t know what you guys are seeing.

Go watch the first video, and tell me what you think. You got the worst vid of the bunch. I was just pointing out that there was an M1 Garand like rifle in the end, which is why I eluded to it being what I was expecting from CoD4.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 01:04
Killzone 2 fuc.ks Gears and CoD4 in the ass visually.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 01:30

WTF? Only noticed people was trying to compare COD4 to this?? Visually? i don' t get that atall. KZ2 is by far the best looking FPS on console.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 01:38

WTF? Only noticed people was trying to compare COD4 to this?? Visually? i don' t get that at all. KZ2 is by far the best looking FPS on console.

Loco is the same guy who thinks UT3/Gears is comparable to Crysis graphically.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 01:41
Visually nothing can touch KZ2 now .. But i am not too sure how this game will turn out though . I got burnt by KZ , they better get this one right ...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 03:57

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

WTF? Only noticed people was trying to compare COD4 to this?? Visually? i don' t get that at all. KZ2 is by far the best looking FPS on console.

Loco is the same guy who thinks UT3/Gears is comparable to Crysis graphically.

I' ve never said that. I said UE3 steamrolls Crysis in terms of detail for performance. And it does.

KZ2 is nothing to be excited about.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 04:21

I' ve never said that. I said UE3 steamrolls Crysis in terms of detail for performance. And it does.

I know what you said. Kind of a pointless thing to say when:

a) Crysis is still vastly superior to U3 engine, U3 can' t reach the level that CryEngine2 plays on. So it' s a moot point. It would be like saying that I have a higher strength per weight ratio than Mike Tyson. If I asked Mike on his opinion of strenth to weight ratio, he' d break my neck.

b) Crysis is coded badly, much of the performance problems come from poor usage of the CPU. Not all of it is graphic related. The proof of this is that when you run a Crysis benchmark using a benchmarking tool you can get high frames, but in game with a lot of enemies the frames drop dramatically.

Even putting this aside I would still argue that Crysis has a higher sexiness to frames ratio than UT3. UT3 gets what 5 times the frames as Crysis with everything maxed out? Crysis is at least 10 times sexier than UT3. UT3 is not that impressive, it' s kind of fugly actually. It looks nothing like early previews. Especially in 1920x1200, everything is muddier than diarrhea.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 18 May 08 20:24:04 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 04:43

Too bad it looks just as much fun as Resistance.

It looks charmless and dull, just like Haze, an empty pretty shell.

unless the gameplay videos suddenly make the game loók fun, this is a meh title.

It doesnt look intense at all.

The Sony are handicapped in the first person shooter genre apparently.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 05:22
A) It' s pre-alpha

B) It' s the opening level and acts as a tutorial

C) 9 times out of 10 - at events like the one the latest videos are from enemy agression, damage levels etc are toned down... or god mode is enabled. An example would be the early Gears demonstrations where Cliffy was using god mode so he wouldn' t die and have to start over.

D) AI is generally one of the last aspects of the main framework to be fully incorporated into the game. The reason is that adding AI routines freezes the design process in that even minor game structure or level design changes can ruin or make null and void any pre-embedded AI algorithms. You complete the design as much as possible before incorporating your AI, then you playtest, adjust, tweak, playtest, adjust, tweak etc... then you find and fix the bugs through extensive QA.

It seems to me that this game is getting treated unfairly purely because of what it stands for. It' s Sony' s take on Halo and since the visuals can' t be picked on, you guys are taking whatever you think you have a fighting chance of arguing. Save it. Reserve your judgement until everything is in place. If it still looks too easy... then you can slate it all you wish.
Vx Chemical

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 05:44

It seems to me that this game is getting treated unfairly purely because of what it stands for. It' s Sony' s take on Halo and since the visuals can' t be picked on, you guys are taking whatever you think you have a fighting chance of arguing. Save it. Reserve your judgement until everything is in place. If it still looks too easy... then you can slate it all you wish.

I dont care if its better than Halo or not. id love a great game for the PS3, why wouldnt I?

If i was making a blockbuster game, id release some intense good looking clips, instead of boring good looking clips.

Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 06:01

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

If i was making a blockbuster game, id release some intense good looking clips, instead of boring good looking clips.

Yeah?

In that case, HERE is what was " officially released" . The rest of the footage you' ve seen was taken by the gaming media and reflects where the game is in the development timeline.

Do you know what we' d seen of Call of Duty 4 at this point with the timelines aligned? Nothing. The CoD4 " reveal" came almost exactly 6 months before it hit shelves. Since Killzone is due in Feb, that makes August 08 the same point (not counting Feb itself). On top of that we didn' t see any actual CoD4 gameplay for nearly 2 months after the first trailer. So between seeing the first gameplay and the game hitting stores there were just over 4 months.

Developers risk criticism by showing their games early, but if Sony hadn' t decided to show it then in the face of the bullshit E32005 CG trailer people would have claimed that they were hiding something.

Vx Chemical

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 06:13
Definetly, but what makes this look better than Haze, except for the obvious graphics.

It could change ofcourse, but its not getting my panties up in a bunch, not untill its proved good.

I was skeptical of Crysis as well, i was proven wrong, i hope i will be again.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message