Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ageia PhysX card with UT 3
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Ageia PhysX card with UT 3 - Nov 03, 2007 10:51
http://www.ageia.com/physx/ut3.aspx

I don' t know why I didn' t find this sooner. PhysX card justified.

I can' t wait to find out if users will be able to create levels which require the PPU.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ageia PhysX card with UT 3 - Nov 03, 2007 11:57
This is still far from justification. I' m just not sold on PhysX and everything shown by them can also be done through parallel processing on the CPU. Even their own PhysX based game Cell Factor can actually be run without a PhysX card even when it states it can' t.

It' s like making a product before there' s any sort of need/want of it. I still stand by my predictions that Ageia and PhysX is going to tank.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Ageia PhysX card with UT 3 - Nov 03, 2007 13:32
If someone gives me one I' ll do it.

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

http://www.ageia.com/physx/ut3.aspx

I don' t know why I didn' t find this sooner. PhysX card justified.

I can' t wait to find out if users will be able to create levels which require the PPU.

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Ageia PhysX card with UT 3 - Nov 03, 2007 20:13
Im still not convinced physics will go the same way as graphics and sound. You know what next AI cards?

I think ATI-AMD are even trying to incorporate graphics back into the CPU. In the end you' ll just have several cores each handling different aspects.

The whirlwind is a neat party trick, and the mods will be fun, but theres a reason why the actual UT3 game devs didnt bother with extra PPU support that much in the full game.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ageia PhysX card with UT 3 - Nov 04, 2007 19:28

I think ATI-AMD are even trying to incorporate graphics back into the CPU. In the end you' ll just have several cores each handling different aspects.

I think AMD is calling it Fusion. It won' t replace dedicated graphic cards. These chips will be focused more towards mobile devices and other consumer electronics as opposed to desktop PCs.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ageia PhysX card with UT 3 - Nov 04, 2007 20:49
Intel' s cooking up something similar with " Larrabee" or whatever it' s called. Very little clear information on it though.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll