Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ps3 price drop = increases sales!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
Ps3 price drop = increases sales! - Jul 24, 2007 08:34
Heres some good news for you suffering Sony fans!!!

According to Sony the recent price drop has resulted in significant boost in sales.

From Gamedaily BIZ -

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16892

According to the company' s internal tracking, PS3 sales increased by more than 135 percent at the company' s top five retailers since the new $499 price was introduced back on July 9. Furthermore, during this two-week period, total PlayStation hardware sales increased by 161 percent, software increased by 15 percent and peripherals by 60 percent.

NPD apparently will have the official results -

We' re still awaiting June' s official NPD results, but in the meantime Sony Computer Entertainment America has beaten NPD to the punch with some sales info for June and some preliminary figures for July based on internal data.

but i can' t quote them for obvious reasons[:' (] so Sonys sales results will have to do.

pretty impressive but not unexpected. The bigger question is how long this will last? The supply of 60Gb ps3s (they are not making those any more right?) is after all limited to current inventory levels. Does this improved sales from the ' price cut' mean the 80Gb ps3 will also drop to US$500 after the 60Gb version runs out? Can they afford to do it - we' ll soon find out won' t we

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll