Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rumor: XBL Mii?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 16, 2008 07:30
WTF?

Well, well, well, what have we here? Looks like we' re finally getting some real evidence that Microsoft really does have some sort of response to Nintendo' s Miis on the way. It' s been rumored for some time now and the above shot of the linked flash page seems to portend the end of the rumors. Giving the rumor more credibility is that the information contained in the image, supposedly taken from an online survey, conforms to details recently given to Joystiq by a trusted source. These " Xbox Avatars" certainly look to do everything that Miis do and more.

Taking into account that Microsoft doesn' t seem too troubled by the rest of the year, this, along with the rumored " Newton" controller, could possibly be what they' re betting the farm on.

Hmm ... E3 should sure be interesting this year ...

[Thanks Mighty Healthy]

alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 16, 2008 21:01
Oh for christ' s sake, what next a stupid cartoon painter and decorator character where he has to save his chavy bird from a bunch of yardies and call it Super Dave or something remotely childish. I thought M$ were about moving forward not copying from the lowest common denominator.

First the 360-mote and now this, if I had wanted a Wii I would have bought a Wii...bring back Peter Moore and Bill Gates.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 16, 2008 21:10
...no...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 16, 2008 21:11
sounds like Ms version of Home.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 16, 2008 23:33
Oh no. Please, let this just be a stupid rumor. I am not very fond of the Home concept and I hate Miis with a passion. This is such a waste.
mastachefbkw

RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 17, 2008 01:37

sounds like Ms version of Home.
IF this were to happen, thats what I would think its for. MS will probably make a HOME ripoff just to make more money by making things similar to picture packs, except instead you get characters or something. [:' (]
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 17, 2008 01:39
Fail.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 17, 2008 02:05
If Sony can ripoff achievements then MS can ripoff home . Copying a good idea isnt stupid , its a good business decision . I am not sure a Mii- ripoff is the right thing way to go though .
mastachefbkw

RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 17, 2008 02:18

If Sony can ripoff achievements then MS can ripoff home . Copying a good idea isnt stupid , its a good business decision . I am not sure a Mii- ripoff is the right thing way to go though .
Obviously everyone wants a wii because of the miis.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Rumor: XBL Mii? - Jun 21, 2008 02:55
Well apparently at one time MS was working on something like Home/Mii. It was called LiveUniverse. Supposedly it got canned though according to this guy. Check out what he was doing between 2004 and 2005.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll