Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Favourite game music.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
Favourite game music. - Mar 05, 2006 19:21
Ladies and Gentlemen, it' s time for me to introduce part two of my soon to be popular " Favourite game stuff" series.

*Applaude*

Anywhooooooooooooo, this time I want to hear what your favourite music ingame is. Of course, it doesn' t neccessarily just have to be ingame- it could be cutscene music if you wish, just try not to spoil any games(ie. say something like " the time whatshisface died!" )

My favourite game tunes are Doopliss' battle theme in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Stratagem from Fire Emblem [7](#61 in the sound room).
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 00:25
Games with multiple themes I love:
Magician Lord, Salamander 2, Space Harrier, Super Hang-On, F-Zero GX, Blazing Star, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Shenmue 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 (" Snake Eater" song), ASTAL, Dead or Alive 2 (Kasumi' s stage), Gradius 1 - 4, Gradius Gaiden, Darius Gaiden, Ys 1 - 4, Headhunter, Super Turrican, Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD), Ecco the Dolphin: The Tides of Time (Sega CD), Act Raiser, Jim Power (both SNES and PC Engine versions), Batman (Sunsoft Sega Genesis version), Sonic CD (both Japanese and U.S. soundtrack), Microcosm, Batman Returns (Sega CD), The Amazing Spiderman (Sega CD), Virtua Quest, Star Soldier (PSP remake), Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, Android Assault, The Ninja Warriors (Sega CD version), Blast Wind, Herzog Zwei, The Revenge of Shinobi, Sonic Adventure, Sonic R, NiGHTS & Christmas NiGHTS, Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Dragon Spirit, Dragon Saber, Falcom' s Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes series, Falcom' s Xanadu, Black Belt, Racing Aces, Metamorphic Force, G.I. arcade game, Turtles in Time (combination of SNES and Arcade versions), PLOK, Fatal Fury 2, Street Fighter: Live action on film (Saturn), Phantasy Star Online, Resident Evil Code: Veronica, Skies of Arcadia, Soukaigi, Super Adventure Island, Lagoon, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Neo Contra (some Sota Fujimori goodness), Super Double Dragon, Earth Defense Force (Arcade version), F-Zero (SNES), Parodius Da! (SNES and Arcade version), Hook (SNES version), Warriors of Fate, King of the Monsters 2, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Space Mega Force, Robo Aleste, Twinbee series, Wonderdog, Wonderboy 3: The Dragon' s Trap, Monster Lair (Turbo CD), Ridge Racer V, Metal Gear Ac!d, Victory Goal, Skull Fang, Vapor Trail, The Terminator (Sega CD), Medievil Resurrection (excellent orchestral soundtrack), Death Jr., Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn version), Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 2

Games with only one song I like in them:
Chrono Trigger
Smartball (water theme)
Darius Twin (Final Stage)
Donkey Kong Country (Water theme)
Final Fantasy 2 (the battle theme that plays during Random battles)
Final Fantasy X (" To Zanarkland" )
Shinobi (arcade version' s Game Over theme)
Sonic Adventure 2 (" Escape from the city" )
Bangaioh
Gradius V
Hang-On GP 1995
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
Ordyne
Last Battle
Stellar Fire (Sega CD)
Adventures of Willy Beamish (Sega CD)
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future (Title screen music)
Battle Arena Toshinden
Daytona USA (" Bru Bru Skies" )
Daytona USA 2 (Beginner level track)
Daytona USA Championship Edition (Opening theme by Eric Martin)
Soul Calibur (Nightmare' s theme)
The Bouncer
Axelay (intro)
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stones (Mission 1: USA stage)
Earthworm Jim 2 (" Anything but Tangerines" )
King of the Monsters
NAM 1975
Burning Fight (2nd stage Mall theme)
Valis 2 (Turbo CD 1st stage theme)
Valis 3 (Genesis version Boss theme
Super Valis IV
Super Contra (Arcade version Intro theme)
U.N. Squadron
Final Fight (Sega CD version)
Sol-Feace
Rumble Roses (Reiko' s entrance theme)
Virtua Fighter Kids (Akira' s theme)
Ikaruga (" Faith" )
Ninja Combat (Ending theme)
Klonoa 2 (snowboarding level)
Viewtiful Joe series (main theme)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 5 Mar 06 18:16:19 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 01:15
lol, did that come pre-prepared Terry?? That' s a good list!

Streets of Rage 1+2 does it for me. Yuzo Koshiro is a genius. Although 3 was really wierd, too wierd even for me!

After that probably Thunderforce 3+4, and some Doom 1+2.

The main theme from Zelda: Link to the Past always goes down well and anything by Nobuo Uematsu in the Final Fantasy games too. I think ' Suteki Da Ne' the main theme from FFX was gorgeous.

Umm, Ridge Racer Type 4...

Also been listening to the Xenosaga OSTs again recently.

You really like Paper Mario don' t you Marink!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 5 Mar 06 17:19:53 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 01:58

lol, did that come pre-prepared Terry??

lol. Nah, most of it I recalled from memory. A few I copied from a post I made in another thread about favorite game elements.
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 02:19

lol, did that come pre-prepared Terry??

you must have a great memory Terry......sadly i tend to forget some of my all time favourites...

but anyway....Jet set radio soundtrack is awesome...but the Mario games always have nice themes, Streets of Rage 1 ost rules....i love when the boss theme comes up.
Terry Bogard

RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 02:28

you must have a great memory Terry... ...sadly i tend to forget some of my all time favourites...

I listen to game music Every single day, many hours a day. I have a bunch of mini-disc recordings of my favorite game themes. Right now I' m listening to an arrangement of the After Burner 2 theme.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 02:46

Nobuo Uematsu in the Final Fantasy games too. I think ' Suteki Da Ne' the main theme from FFX was gorgeous.

...Yuck![:' (]...i find Final Fantasy' s music to be somewhere between boring and irritating... ...at best!..

...Ninja Gaiden Black.... ...now that is music..... Halo too...

Jet set radio soundtrack

...good call... ..that game had FANTASTIC MUSIC... possibly the best ever to emit from an ex-box...

NB: ...how about all you nubs and noobs coming up with original ideas for threads, instead of ripping off threads from about 4 pages back.....
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 03:12

You really like Paper Mario don' t you Marink!

How' d you guess?

...how about all you nubs and noobs coming up with original ideas for threads, instead of ripping off threads from about 4 pages back.....

I never noticed this before, and I' m not going to look back 4 or 5 pages just to find one similar either- especially seeing as nobody else mentioned it...

By the way, I' m not a noob! I signed up on " 8 Dec 05" . Roughly a month after you.

EDIT- Unless you' re talking about the favourite game element thread? If so, this thread refers to specific moments in the game- rather than the game in general.

Anywhoooooooo, how could I forget the Zelda theme song? Oh, I also quite like Don Corneo' s music in Final Fantasy VII(well, to name one of them).
< Message edited by Marink -- 5 Mar 06 19:16:44 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 03:49

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I have a bunch of mini-disc recordings of my favorite game themes.

Well, it' s nice to see that Sonys format wasn' t totally in vain.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 5 Mar 06 19:50:03 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 03:50
...there was a game music thread from around Christmas, and a best game element thread from around Jan, which you must remember.....

....i know it' s a pain trying to find them, but if people were to stop creating multiple shemshit, gamertags, revolution, sega, uki-whatever,PS3 etc type threads, you wouldn' t have to surf so many pages back!!

...seeing new threads about old subjects is beginning to get REALLY stale and boring....

..swap your PC for a Mac and try to think different!...

Terry Bogard

RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 04:05

Oh I absolutely love it! I REALLY wanna get one of them Hi-MD players soon!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 04:17

Umm, Ridge Racer Type 4...

Oh yeah - outstanding soundtrack

I like MDs - but Sony' s HI-MD players are crap - Sharps Auvi line sounds much better.

I have a nice Japanese model IM-DR80 and it sounds soooo good

I hate the software for it though - iPod makes portable music much more user-friendly :)

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 04:34
Hmm well,

Sonic (Marble zone, starlight zone, Chemical plant, aquatic ruin, Ice level in 3)
Streets of Rage 2 (zone 3 music where they are in the park)
Street Fighter various (ryu, ken, guile, charlie, list goes on)
Gitaroo Man
Final fantasy 7 & 10 (not played the others musch/at all)
NiGHTS (inc christmas)
Burning Rangers
umm..

Nothing else comes to mind at this very moment, but i' m sure there are hundreds more.
< Message edited by uumai -- 5 Mar 06 20:35:25 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 04:37

I like MDs - but Sony' s HI-MD players are crap - Sharps Auvi line sounds much better.

I have a nice Japanese model IM-DR80 and it sounds soooo good

I hate the software for it though - iPod makes portable music much more user-friendly :)

Since I' m a Panasonic whore I' d love to get a Panasonic Hi-MD player if one exists. I' ve had two Sony Net-MDs that died exactly one year after I got them, currently on my third one. It' s almost like they' ve got an internal clock that' s set to self-destruct exactly one year after the units are powered on for the first time.

As for the software, I agree that they are a bit lacking. I like ' Simple Burner' but it needs more features and flexibility, and I kinda hate Sonic Stage. I really liked the Net-MD software that came before Sonic Stage, I think it was called Open MG Juke Box or something.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 5 Mar 06 20:38:43 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 05:48
Nobuo>all
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 05:59

I love MD myself. Even have an MD player in-dash in my car. It won' t play HI-MDs or those ultra-compressed MDs created by a Sony Net-MD player. I have a Net-MD player but use it mostly for titling since I can type with my keyboard. As a recorder/player it is crap. Amazingly it still works (yes, it is a Sony and it still works... call the Guiness Book of World Records so I can enter it as the longest functioning Sony product EVAR!).

I' ve always found that the non-Sony brands sound better than a Sony for MD playback. Sony' s are good for recording. I use a nice MD recorder that has a CD player built in for recording. I usually master my MD' s on CD-R and even title them using CD-Text. Then I put that CD into the MD player and make a dupe, titles and all.

As for game music, I have way too many favorites to list. If it' s good, I like it. If it sounds like Vectorman or Super Monkey Ball Touch and Roll, I don' t like it!
Terry Bogard

RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 06:10

Nobuo>all

Not even close..

Only in your dreams QueBert..
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 06:22

Not even close..

Only in your dreams QueBert..

Swedish people knows great music ffs ;)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 09:20
Harry Gregson William' s Metal Gear Solid 2 theme, it' s just so epic. The Snake Eater theme was pretty good, but i' m a sucker for orchestrated soundtracks.

2. Anything with the words " Katamari" and " Damacy" in it.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Favourite game music. - Mar 06, 2006 09:32
The SNES Final Fantasys had some good music. FF7 had a few good tunes here and there and there was a smattering of tunes that were decent in FF8 and 9. But none of the music in any FF game owns anything.

Want some good music? Try Ys 1-4 on the PC Engine/TurboGrafx CD.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message