Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Akira Yamaoka talks Silent Hill 5
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Akira Yamaoka talks Silent Hill 5 - Apr 21, 2007 06:15

We came across some good news for horror/survival fans today. In a recent interview with GamePro, Akira Yamaoka revealed a few of their plans for the next installment in Konami' s popular Silent Hill series. Yamaoka producer the PC version of Silent Hill 3 and also worked as a sound director on the series.

According to Yamaoka, Silent Hill 5 will more or less resemble Silent Hill 2 " in the terms of the way the player is directed and the characters' behavior." There' s also a strong chance that the game will be losing the camera angle used in Silent Hill: Origins. " I like it and agree with the choice for the [PSP], but I don' t think that' s the camera angle we want on a home console," said Yamaoka. " That way you don' t see enough of the surroundings that really mean a lot to the player in Silent Hill."

As for which console the game will be released on, Yamaoka said that while details have yet to be finalized, they are currently thinking of putting the next canon game on next gen consoles like the PS3 and Xbox 360. " We have had a good past experience with Playstation," said Yamaoka, " and we hope to continue that trend, but there are no definite plans as of yet."

full interview

Akira talks Silent Hill 5 with GamePro
Someone has resently emailed me with an article from a German magazine GamePro in which Akira Yamaoka talks a little on the possiblity Silent Hill 5. They haven' t yet replied when I asked for a scan so lets hope we get it soon.

Article (Poorly translated, sorry):

" Fans of the famous horror franchise Silent Hill will be happy to know that we have managed to get a short talk with Akira Yamaoka (Sound Director, PC version " Silent Hill 3" Producer) who will have a great role in the making on Silent Hil 5, we are happy to report.

GamePro: Akira, its good to have you here to dicuss. Silent Hill has a very unique fanbase caused by the obvious unique style and settings of the games, will this be continued in Silent Hill 5?

Akira: At the moment I cannot reveal much detail on the story, or our progress, but I can tell you that this game will resemble Silent Hill 2 in the terms of the way the player is directed and the characters' behavoir.

GamePro: Despute is over the console which SH5 will appear on. Does Konami Digital Entertainment have any plans or ideas of the platform which Silent Hill 5 will be?

Akira: At this time we are still not sure. We are thinking of putting the next canon game on the next generation consoles like Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, but we have had a good past experience with Playstation [where the series was born] and we hope to continue that trend, but there are no definate plans as of yet.

GamePro: Will the gameplay aspect be a resemblance of Silent Hill: Origins or remain as far as the series is?

Akira: Everything is draft at the moment, but we might not copy the Silent Hill: Origins. That is not our intention as a different studio is inventing Silent Hill: Origins.

GamePro: You sound displeased with the new system?

Akira: I dont mind it, infact I like it and agree with the choice for the Playstation Portable System, but I dont think thats the camera angle we want on a home console. That way you don' t see enough of the surroundings that really mean alot to the player in Silent Hill.

GamePro: Will you be composing the music as well as directing?

Akira: I have considered the sound directing offer, however nothing is 100% on the project, though I do hope it can be arranged.

GamePro: Thank you for joining us in this short interview Akira, we and all the fans of Silent Hill are extremly excited about the next installment.

Lookin good, Silent Hill 2 was my favorite!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Akira Yamaoka talks Silent Hill 5 - Apr 21, 2007 23:16
Great another silent hill game in the making.
With all these Thriller/ Horror movies these days, there haven' t been any good survival horror games to play for a while.

Silent Hill 1 was original in its time so i give this one a thumbs up.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Akira Yamaoka talks Silent Hill 5 - Apr 23, 2007 05:02
I' m really looking forward to the PSP game, but yeah, 5 should be awesome if it' s more like 2.

It should also be a PS3 exclusive.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message