Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Modern Warfare 2
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 07, 2009 22:11

What platforms are you guys buying it for?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 08, 2009 09:53
PC 

Can't say when though.  If this was a year ago I'd be all over this but I'm in no rush now.  Next time I'm in Ottawa I'll grab it along with Dragon Age (also on PC), probably within a few weeks.  All these games coming out this month and I'm not even interested in them much.  I'm only getting this because I know its a must.  I'll play the fuck out of it eventually but Eve is really sucking my free time away. 

I don't think I've been hooked on a game like this before.  Fucking epic.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 08, 2009 13:11
360 for me.  I was going to take it easy and dodge this for a wee while, but it's one all my mates are getting so I'm falling for the peer pressure to get it today.  Couple of my buds got it yesterday, one got home, played one game and got the dreaded RROD!  He's no happy.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 08, 2009 17:40

I don't yet have internet in my new house, but I'm calling my ISP tomorrow to see if they can bump up the installation date. You?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 08, 2009 20:47
I have it on PC already, and my 360 version should arrive tomorrow seeing as it shipped on Friday night and I paid for next (business) day delivery. I got the PC and PS3 versions of COD4 because more people in my immediate circle of friends were getting the PS3 version. I completely skipped World at War...

I think most people will be buying the 360 version this time though so I have ordered that. I suspect I'll spend more time with the PC version, but with any luck some of us will be able to get together online to play the 360 version. The Bad Company 2 PS3 beta starts in December too, so hopefully some of you guys will be playing that!?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 09, 2009 05:57
360, despite the protest of one of my my friends who is hell bent that PisSpoorNetwork is better. Sadly I'll be picking it up at midnight and only have about 6 hours to play it, I have to be ready to leave at 8 the next morning. So if you guys want a group to play with on release night (who all have positive WaW and MW ratios) I have a group of 4. Send me a FR: New Era Blood.

And wtf is this? Did I just feel a pulse in kikizo's dead corpse? Must be Nitro and Eddie :)
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 09, 2009 15:47
Will be picking this up tomorrow for 360, and I might be picking it up for PC. I still have to pick up Dragon Age Origins for PC. The PC version has been sold out where I live since launch.

If you don't already have me added, my gamertag is PredatoryElk.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 09, 2009 15:52
360 at midnight, can't wait to raep nubs in a new game
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 10, 2009 01:02
PC
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 10, 2009 11:03
Ive been playing for 6 hours now, all online (I'll be doing single player in my downtime at drill) and I have to say, I FUCKING CAME!

Its so much faster and smoother. At one point I almost felt Quake III's spirit approve. And is it just me, or is the netcode some of the best I've seen? Even on "3 bars" there really isn't any distinguishable lag.
locopuyo

Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 10, 2009 20:01
The netcode seems a little better, but I noticed lag even 1 bar from full.  It seems to do a pretty decent job matching you up with games with less lag though.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 10, 2009 20:47
Really sad to see a lacksure PC Port,, no dedicated servers? wtf?

There's streamlining an interface to make it easier, then there's dumbing down the game.  What next? auto aim?

Everyone should download the PC title elegally!
locopuyo

Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 11, 2009 07:58
My group of friends and I were pwning so hard we had time to take pictures.

I went 21-0 this game. Got to pwn nubs with an AC 130 gunship.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 11, 2009 09:25
The head on that guy looks horribly applied.  Is that some kind of "Patch your own face into the game" thing?

I never tire of people say that they PWN N00bz.  Of course you do!  Who wouldn't?  I certainly wouldn't brag about it.  Now go try against some skilled players.
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Nov 11, 2009 09:29>
locopuyo

Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 11, 2009 17:28
Joe Redifer

The head on that guy looks horribly applied.  Is that some kind of "Patch your own face into the game" thing?

I never tire of people say that they PWN N00bz.  Of course you do!  Who wouldn't?  I certainly wouldn't brag about it.  Now go try against some skilled players.

Everyone is a N00bz compared to me.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 11, 2009 21:50
Not emofag.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 13, 2009 19:03
Have had a fair amount of time in the online MP (have yet to do the SP yet), and I have to say that I agree that it does in fact feel faster and smoother, even the guns feel a lot better from MW1.

Deathstreak perks, killstreak perks, and the care packages add a whole new dimension of gameplay to the MP. Personally, I use care packages as a trap as I know everyone from the opposing team will be trying to zone in and take my care package only to find out afterwards it was a trap all along. Killstreak perks add much needed variety from MW1's 3, 5 and 7 killstreaks by allowing you to pick and choose which killstreaks you want to equip. This is fantastic for the better players out there who were hindered by what I would call the 7 kill chopper cap from MW1. And hey, what's better than piloting an AC130 or being the gunner in a chopper and taking your foes out?

I also really like the fact that you don't lose whatever killstreak reward you have just earned if you quickly go from a 4 killstreak to a 7 killstreak. You'll still get to call in your care package, even though you have just called in your chopper or laid down a predator missile or as I call it the PredatoryElk Missile Of Death.

All in all, I've been very impressed so far with MW2. They have managed to take what was already a fantastic online experience, add a shit ton of extras to the online play (perks, emblems, titles, weapon attatchments) all while making the game look and run better than MW1.
locopuyo

Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 14, 2009 02:16
I love just about everything about it.  I really like how the perks let you customize to suite your playing style but have a nice balance so you can't become overpowering.  

The only thing I don't like about the game are some of the maps.  The small ones especially.   The bigger levels I like.  
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 18, 2009 20:21
360 as my PC needs seriously upgrading 3 years on.

Finished the campaign in 6 hours - very cinematic but wouldn't play through again soon.

Multiplayer I can't get into yet - at level 1 I have no chance against those at level 50 with perks to steady aim and call on gunships etc.  Will have to do some grinding until it gets fun.  Can't even play capture the flag yet, how bad is that?

Mostly playing the spec ops mode, which gets hard - but provides a nice challenge.  Im about half way through that on veteran.
locopuyo

Re:Modern Warfare 2 - Nov 19, 2009 02:53
You get pretty good default classes with high level weapons and perks, and the low level weapons and perks are still good enough to compete with high levels.  Really all the extra perks and guns just allow you to customize to suite your playing style better.

***SPOILER***

I've played through over half of the campaign so far.  The story I think is kind of stupid.  I'm not convinced at all the Russians would invade the US.  It's a cool setting and all but they didn't do a good job convincing me.  Most of the campaign story is pretty stupid actually.  They have you do all of these ridiculous things, taking on whole armies by yourself and whatnot.  I'm okay with stuff like that but they act like it's all serious and don't really pull it off.  And the actual gameplay of the single player really hasn't impressed me so far either.  The first 2 call of duty's had some really cool things in the campaign.  MW1 was okay single player, but MW2 just seems like it's your generic FPS kill a bunch of dudes as you run through the linear level.  The voice acting, atmosphere, etc. are all top notch but the actual gameplay is just generic.  

The part where you were on foot running through levels I didn't like.  The stuff like running on rooftops, driving snowmobiles, helicopter gunners was cool.  
<message edited by locopuyo on Nov 19, 2009 03:15>
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread