Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Thompsen on the warpath, Goes after GTA4, Surprise Surprise
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Thompsen on the warpath, Goes after GTA4, Surprise Surprise - Sep 20, 2007 03:24

Link

US attorney demands references to lawyer killing removed from the game

US attorney Jack Thompson, famous for his anti-games stance and attributing a number of violent events to videogames influences, has written to Take-Two demanding a section of Grand Theft Auto IV be deleted.

According to the letter, reported on GamePolitics.com, Thompson believes that the first mission in the game, which apparently requires the player to murder a lawyer actively against videogames, is based on him.

Specifically Thompson alludes to an apocryphal quotation, " Guns don' t kill people, videogames do," which has been wrongly been attributed to him by a number of web sites, and is spoken by the lawyer character in the game.

The letter goes on to state Thompson' s belief that this episode could " threaten my physical safety," and makes demands that the content be removed from the game by 5pm on Friday September 21.

Jack Thompson' s ongoing feud with Take-Two has been well publicised in the past, with the two parties reaching a settlement in April of this year - although that may now not hold for much longer.

Related Information
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Thompsen on the warpath, Goes after GTA4, Surprise Surprise - Sep 20, 2007 03:32
http://gamepolitics.com/2007/04/19/breaking-grand-theft-auto-publisher-settles-lawsuit-against-jack-thompson/

He' s such a fool. Take-Two might actually be able to sue just for threatening to file suite here.

This is actually beautiful, poetic justice at it' s finest. We' ll be able to kill Jack Tompson in GTA 4 and he can' t do fuck all about it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Thompsen on the warpath, Goes after GTA4, Surprise Surprise - Sep 20, 2007 04:41
awsome,cant wait until I blew off that fucking brain of that retarded judge.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Thompsen on the warpath, Goes after GTA4, Surprise Surprise - Sep 20, 2007 05:10
Someone please tell that bozo to just go get himself laid by a herpes infested prostitute and leave our industry alone! He' s not liked nor is he wanted. He' s the type of person who calls his cell phone from different payphones just so it appears as if he has friends.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 19 Sep 07 21:15:05 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message