Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Doom 4 Announced
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Doom 4 Announced - Aug 01, 2008 05:07
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 01, 2008 09:31
I have hope, after all, its not on the DOOM engine.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 01, 2008 13:52
"

The next DOOM game will look like it's built on another engine, as it uses three times the horsepower." It'll operate at 30 frames per second

Obviously he has the console versions in mind..
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 01, 2008 20:57
Virtua fighter 5

"

The next DOOM game will look like it's built on another engine, as it uses three times the horsepower." It'll operate at 30 frames per second

Obviously no one cares. Quit trying to turn every thread into a "PC is superior to console" argument. Dont you have some pictures of Reggie to masturbate to or something else more productive to do.
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 02, 2008 03:32
immortaldanmx

Obviously no one cares

Obviously you do, besides It'll be really strange for them to want to cap a PC game at 30fps. Ive never seen that before.

Your way too agressive man, calm down.

Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 02, 2008 18:49

Uhm... no.

Ive never seen that before.

Jade Empire is the only title I know of that capped their framerate at 30, but that was due to developer laziness as I recall.

I know there are those who will rant about how even 60fps is not enough for a good title, but really folks. Doom has been an environmental horror game for years, and has never been Id's flagship multiplayer title. You really don't need the extra 30fps for what amounts to dungeon crawling. That's what Quake is for.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 03, 2008 07:17>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 02, 2008 19:02
Forget about Quake. 
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 03, 2008 00:06
more like forget about id.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 03, 2008 00:14
I agree with immortal on this, even though in general I still think he's a fucking idiot.

VF5 and the rest of you need to STFU about PC games being better, not because it's not true but because it's fucking common sense.

Saying the PC version will be better is like me saying, Elephants are bigger than ants - whopedy fucking do, everyone fucking knows that, stop being so fucking retarded and re-iterating the obvious.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 03, 2008 02:48

Saying the PC version will be better is like me saying, Elephants are bigger than ants -
*writes down notes*
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 03, 2008 02:56
Eddie_the_Hated

Uhm... no.

Uhm, so your trying to tell me that when this game is released, the crazly spec'd PC's at the time will be running it at 30fps locked only? I'll doubt it very much. That Would be a first.

I understand a 60fps lock, IE PC Doom 3 but 30fps lock on a PC game makes no fu*king sense. PC's , which leads back to square one> he obviously ment the console versions.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Doom 4 Announced - Aug 03, 2008 07:11
Look, I'm not meaning to sound like a prick when I say that, but if he meant for a specific version to run at 30fps, he would have specified consoles. I mean, this wasn't a flippant comment to a fan at some event. This was a scheduled interview with MaxPC.

I dunno if you actually read the interview where a lot of this is all coming from.

LINK

On a technical level, we had to make design decisions that would let ustarget all of these platforms, very importantly, from a singlesource-base, and developed [that] internally. We didn’t want to have togo out to any other companies to produce these games. We wanted to sayOK, here’s the build and run the same build on the PC, the 360, and thePS3.

I never once said that Id would lock the framerate. They're stating that the same build is running on all four different platforms. They are stating that it is targeted at 30, meaning they're developing for 30fps, making visual, and other calls based on 30fps performance. That's not odd at all.

I'm sure you'll be able to run the game at higher framerates one way or another. Id's always been very user friendly in those regards anyhow.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll