Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony Profit Loss Far Less Than Predicted
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Sony Profit Loss Far Less Than Predicted - Jan 31, 2007 06:59
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156799

Adam edit: Changed thread title... Please do not leave posts/threads ambiguous as to what they are about. People don' t like wasting clicks!
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 8 Feb 07 4:53:48 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Why dont i believe it - Jan 31, 2007 07:10
It can' t be true. After all, everyone was so convinced that Sony was gonna end up in the shitter! An internet bandwagon that doesn' t pan out? I mean, that has never happened before..............
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Why dont i believe it - Jan 31, 2007 09:08
is really not that hard to belive, look at the Bravia numbers, look at the software sales, the movie part also posted very strong numbers and ofcource the PS2 and PSP performance has been good and great
mastachefbkw

RE: Why dont i believe it - Jan 31, 2007 10:44
actually i just cant seem to see how thats possible. Their tv' s are shit, the psp is getting stomped by the DS, and 2/3' s of their movies are garbage.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Why dont i believe it - Jan 31, 2007 11:22
I do think Sony is spoon-feeding the media some bullshit right there.
Dagashi

RE: Why dont i believe it - Jan 31, 2007 11:37

actually i just cant seem to see how thats possible. Their tv' s are shit, the psp is getting stomped by the DS, and 2/3' s of their movies are garbage.

Their TV' s are shit? Please provide quantifiable evidence.

PSP might be getting beaten by the DS, but remember, there are only two handhelds, so it has the rest of the market that the DS doesn' t take. I don' t remember where it was, but I recall seeing sales numbers something like this. Nintendo sells 2 DS' for every 1 PSP in Japan, and in North America its 1.5 DS' for every 1 PSP. Take what you will from those figures.

As far as movies go, almost all movies right now are garbage. So you can' t say Sony is worse off than other people because of their movies.

Lastly, everyone forgets about SOE. Sure EQ2 isn' t massively succesful. But they make money off it, and they made lots off EQ1, and they could very well be succesful with Vangaurd, which just released.
mastachefbkw

RE: Why dont i believe it - Jan 31, 2007 12:03

yeah, thats basically what im trying to say, but i dont feel like getting flamed with things such as " You teh fanboyzerz! you prefer MS over Teh great sony...which makes you a teh fanboy!"

Yes. Im going by my personal experience and most of my families experiences. We bought a 42 in Sony LCD with a 2 year warrenty, of course 2 years and 2 months later it breaks

As far as movies go, almost all movies right now are garbage. So you can' t say Sony is worse off than other people because of their movies.

Cant disagree there
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 01, 2007 03:12

Why? maybe because of all the -ve feedback on the PSP and PS3 looking for some good PR.

< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 31 Jan 07 19:18:10 >
mastachefbkw

RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 02, 2007 00:32

Why? maybe because of all the -ve feedback on the PSP and PS3 looking for some good PR.

No, its just hard to believe with the terrible sales of ps3, and IMO the psp isnt doing too hot itself. I really find it hard to believe their tv' s are doing that good.

And... could you please just type negative? i spent like 2 min. trying to figure that out. " Darn youngsters and their hipidy hop typing"
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 02, 2007 02:49
Hehe, same here. I was also wondering what it meant for a little while. But since minus equals negative already...doesn' t -ve mean negativeve then? ;)

About Sony, I have my doubts if this information is the whole truth too. It might contain some but I suspedct they gave it some spin. Remember the Sixaxis getting an award, or not getting it rather? It wouldn' t be the first time Sony, or any company for that matter, lies.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 03, 2007 06:17

Yes, when you can get a Samsung of same or better quality for same or less price.
Dagashi

RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 03, 2007 06:35
Yes, Samsungs are great monitors/TV' s. Still, just because something is better doesn' t mean the other thing is shit.

For that theory to work, anything but a supercar would be shit, anything but a high end PC is shit, houses that aren' t mansions are shit, and mountains that don' t get the most snowfall per year are shit.
mastachefbkw

RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 04, 2007 00:10

Yes, Samsungs are great monitors/TV' s. Still, just because something is better doesn' t mean the other thing is shit.

Okay, did anyone in this whole fucking thread say that Sony' s tv' s are shit because Samsung' s are better? No
Dagashi

RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 04, 2007 05:37

Avarice:

mastachefbkw:

Okay, did anyone in this whole fucking thread say that Sony' s tv' s are shit because Samsung' s are better? No

Yah, actually he pretty much did say that. In fact, its in the post directly above mine, two posts above yours.

edit: to fix quotes

Avarice:

Imortaldanmx:

Yes, when you can get a Samsung of same or better quality for same or less price.
< Message edited by Avarice -- 3 Feb 07 21:42:42 >
immortaldanmx

RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 05, 2007 02:33
Let me rephrase that then: if you buy a Sony TV YOU are shit
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 05, 2007 03:28

Let me rephrase that then: if you buy a Sony TV YOU are shit

What if I plan to buy a Sony TV, does that make me future $hitt???
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 06, 2007 04:48
KIKIZO - come for the video game information, stay for the debates on reason and semantics.

It says in the article that pretty much everything but the PS3 reported an increase. Although I' m too lazy to try to look it up and see if it' s right.

What made me laugh in the article is when Sony insinuated that they should have sold the machine closer to factory cost.
< Message edited by he -- 7 Feb 07 20:33:24 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 06, 2007 05:04

mountains that don' t get the most snowfall per year are shit.

Now thats a good reason to hate most Mountains. Thanks Avarice.
immortaldanmx

RE: Why dont i believe it - Feb 08, 2007 04:25

What if I plan to buy a Sony TV, does that make me future $hitt???

I dont want to be the one to tell you but.....
if there is a Samsung within the same price range(and typically of better quality), then yes, it does Terry
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Sony Profit Loss Far Less Than Predicted - Feb 09, 2007 03:50

And... could you please just type negative? i spent like 2 min. trying to figure that out. " Darn youngsters and their hipidy hop typing"

Hehe, same here. I was also wondering what it meant for a little while

Dudes, sorry but this isn' t new.
CHEMISTRY 101 back in ' 2000
Thats what they taught me way back in school. Even Text books

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages