Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 It' s starting to get a little ridiculous...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 13:02
Xbox 360 #6 froze during Call of Duty 4. When I restarted it nothing happened. Restarted again, still nothing. Restarted again, this time I got a nice little red ring. Not the three lights though, just the bottom right when. Great.

I turned it off let it sit for a while restarted it again and it looked like it was working. Until the 360 logo start up started chugging. Then I got to see the 3 light RROD. F*cking hell...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 13:09
ouch, right before GTA 4 too.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 13:10
I' m surprised mine still going. I carry that shit everywhere I go. On bumpy ass car rides. Outside on a sunny day. Through many parties. Its so fuck' n random and bizarre. Cause its my 2nd one but my first one I was super protective and that shit bricked... shit brick...heheh
Rampage99

RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 13:48
All I can say is thank God for the Best Buy warranty. I' ll be getting my console replaced tomorrow.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 15:57
Having your 6th Xbox 360 break is indeed a tiny bit ridiculous. But give Microsoft a chance! You' ve only had 6 break on you. I think we should give MS at least that many as a " grace amount" . Surely they still have our trust and respect. Surely we will still keep piling money on them. Yes. We don' t care if their product fails. We' ll keep supporting it!

Maybe someday we' ll grow brains and not put up with manufacturers who do this shit.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 16:04
At least the fuckers are cheap these days. You can get the Arcade SKU for 280$.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 16:33
I think 280 for a machine that has more chances to break than your 10 year old toaster is actually a little bit expensive.
Rampage99

RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 21:48
If it wasn' t for the Best Buy warranty I probably would be thinking about getting a PS3 at this point. Still, I have so many games for the 360 already it would be considered a loss to buy the PS3. I have over 20 360 games and it would kill me to not be able to play them.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 23:22
This is why i buy games on PS3 if possible.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 26, 2008 23:50
Mine' s been freezing up occasionally as well. Methinks I' m gonna have to tighten up some bolts before I put my case back together.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 26 Apr 08 15:57:18 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 07:07
you have to think rampage that with 6 failing on you there is some external factor that is causing them to go, to get all those dodgy ones would seem the height of misfortune.

it seems that people either go through 360s like they are going out of fashion while others are still on their first.

My original one is still going, I would say strong but the DVD drive is starting to make strange noises that concern me.
Rampage99

RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 07:15
I don' t know what I could possibly be doing to break them. Every 360 I' ve had I' ve babied. Once I set my 360 up and get all the cables connected it' s rare that I even touch it after that. What I mean by that is I don' t touch the power button nor do I use the disc drive button (U se the controller to turn on the console and open the disc tray with the mini remote that came with my original 360). The console is always well ventilated sitting completely out in the open. I treat my 360 more care than just about anything I own... well aside from the new TV, once it got put into place it hasn' t had a finger on it at all, the power button hasn' t been used once.
Agent Ghost

RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 07:21
Any word on the 65nm Falcon chips? Are they reliable?

*** it, I' ll hold on to my 360 for as long as it lasts, even with it' s quirks. In August they' ll haqve the " Jasper" revision with the 65nm GPU shrink.

Zephyr
90nm Xenon (cpu)
90nm Xenos (gpu)

Falcon
65nm Xenon
90nm Xenos

Jasper
65nm cpu
65nm gpu

Falcons are supposed to be much more reliable than the original Zephyrs which are simply defective. They' re still not perfect though. The 360' s on the " Jasper" revision should eliminate the remaining problems. They' ll consume less power, produce less heat and we can probably expect a price drop before the 2008 holidays.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 26 Apr 08 23:22:17 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 07:52

Every 360 I' ve had I' ve babied.

A doting and spoiling father
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 08:09

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I don' t know what I could possibly be doing to break them. Every 360 I' ve had I' ve babied. Once I set my 360 up and get all the cables connected it' s rare that I even touch it after that. What I mean by that is I don' t touch the power button nor do I use the disc drive button (U se the controller to turn on the console and open the disc tray with the mini remote that came with my original 360). The console is always well ventilated sitting completely out in the open. I treat my 360 more care than just about anything I own... well aside from the new TV, once it got put into place it hasn' t had a finger on it at all, the power button hasn' t been used once.

Maybe that is the problem. Dust might accumulate somewhere inside it or something. Do you keep it vertical or horizontal?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 08:43

My first two I took care of like they were my child(not the annoying ones, the quiet ones who don' t get on your nerves and actually listen to their parents) and they both broke in less than a year. My last one I haven' t really gave a shit about and its over a year old and doesn' t show any signs of breaking soon(probably jinxing it by saying that).
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 09:28
you play it too much and its overheating, thats the problem mate!
Agent Ghost

RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 10:01
It' s not environmental. And there' s no excuse. The fact is, MS cheaped out and they fucked up. I could leave my computer on 24/7 all year round and it consumes about five times the power that a 360 does. It has nothing to do with overheating. The fucking soldering and cheap ghetto plastic they use for a motherboard melts. If they used regulation materials for their heat envelop we would have no problem.

It' s amazing they could fuck up so badly. They tried to save a few million but it ended up costing them well over a billion to fix. I can' t believe they STILL haven' t fixed these fucking issues.

fucktards
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 10:18
Just buy a Wii, it' ll never break on you, but you' ll be the one breaking it.
Rampage99

RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 14:10

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Just buy a Wii, it' ll never break on you, but you' ll be the one breaking it.

We aren' t going to go there...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread