Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dark Sector Review.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Dark Sector Review. - Mar 26, 2008 03:26

Decent score!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Dark Sector Review. - Mar 26, 2008 04:18
I' ll be picking it up tomorrow. I read a little bit of the review and it sounded like it was a fun game, it just had some issues. I can deal with that. As long as it' s fun it' s all good.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Dark Sector Review. - Mar 26, 2008 10:01
For the time they' ve had to work on it, I expected more.
Rampage99

RE: Dark Sector Review. - Mar 29, 2008 21:59
Anybody else pick this game up? I' ve been playing it a few days now and so far it' s fairly good. Not great by any means but the glaive is a cool feature at can pull of some pretty sweet kills.

Visuals have been kinda hit and miss. While everything looks good, especially the character models (for the most part), the environments feel very very empty. I' m still only on like the 3rd or forth level of the game so the story hasn' t unfolded much but from what I can tell there isn' t a whole lot of emphasis on it. Very very little character interaction.
Rampage99

RE: Dark Sector Review. - Apr 07, 2008 03:43
Just beat the game. I' m not going to recommend buying this one. It was somewhat fun and had me motivated enough to finish it but that' s about it. The glaive is about the only thing that really shines about the game. The almost nonexistent story was pitiful at best. Combat was bland. Every level looked the same. Almost no variety in gameplay. The game had a very empty feel to it. I found it getting a little more fun towards the end but by then it wrapped up quickly with pretty lame ending.

I' ll be writing up a review for the game either tonight or tomorrow.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Dark Sector Review. - Apr 07, 2008 05:33
I was going to pick this up with Condemned the other day, but some of the online vids and the TV adverts showed a pretty poor framerate. Was it as bad in the final product? I dunno why devs think its acceptable - makes me motion sick!
Rampage99

RE: Dark Sector Review. - Apr 07, 2008 06:10
Really wasn' t any framerate problems that stood out to me.It actually ran pretty smooth. There may have been a little jerk every know and then but nothing that caught my attention.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Dark Sector Review. - Apr 07, 2008 08:16
picking this up soon, maybe next week. not really expecting much.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Dark Sector Review. - Apr 07, 2008 15:37

Really wasn' t any framerate problems that stood out to me.It actually ran pretty smooth. There may have been a little jerk every know and then but nothing that caught my attention.

Thats reassuring then. There was one particular TV ad thats still ongoing at the moment in the UK, and I think you only get to see 50% of what they' re trying to show because its like a slideshow! Made me laugh that thats what they were using to advertise the game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll