Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Devstation!!!!!!!
ottomatik89

• Total Posts : 1
Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2006 18:21
Devstation started yesterday (monday) and is sure to bring great info about the ps3. ive been looking for news about it but cant find any. has anyone heard anything about it or any interesting news.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2006 19:52
Unsure about DevStation (which started Wednesday and concludes Thursday), but ths doesn' t sound good...

http://action.joystiq.com/2006/03/02/ps3-is-a-no-show-at-sonys-playstation-event/
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2006 22:01
Can we all just agree upon a fall launch for North America already, we' ve silently known for a while that ps3 launch has slipped, we know Blu-Ray is out May 23, so logic can now give us a good idea on a launch date. Good link majik!!!!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2006 23:50
Devstation took place in more han one place as there was also one held in London. From what I gather the event was to educate developers, artists etc on PS3 stuff, not to show off the machine or beat chest etc.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2006 00:18
Yeah, but i guess we are all just hoping that something would come out of it, however unlikely it is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2006 05:46
the hopeful part of me thinks that sony' s waiting till the last day of devstation and go all out on the ps3 info. Likely, no, but we can dream can' t we?

I' m really frustrated with the lack of info from Sony. Everyone' s speculating that they' ll go all out at E3, and i hope so, because there really isn' t another big game show before summer hits, and if they go that route, they' re liable to end up like a certain Sega system which we wont mention, one that tried to do a " Stealth Launch" , and failed.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2006 07:04
I don' t think they' ll go all out at E3, maybe cuz they' re cocky. what will they go all out with at e3? unless they' ve made a lot of progress, finalized the design, have an actual final version of the ps3 (by then I mean, not now). We' ll see I guess. But they have to keep in mind, and I' m sure they will, that there won' t be anymore 360 shortages. By the time summer hits, MS will have sold a shitload of 360s.

I don' t expect any news on the ps3 from devstation.

I wonder what Nintendo is doing...
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2006 08:23
I' ll stick with my original story which is (for those that are unaware of my hypothesis);

The plastation 3 will launch in Japan just in time for Christmas 2006, and will launch in the U.S. in February. This will be followed by an April launch in the U.K.

You guys just watch! I' ve stated this same thing twice before, and it' s starting to look more and more likely. With all the issues with both the Cell and the Blu-ray drive, anything sooner would be VERY difficult.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Devstation!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2006 09:57
Sony have a keynote speech at GDC (running 20-24 March), as do Nintendo.

With important 360 titles out towards the end of the month and the 360 shortage virtually over, Sony will have PS3 announcements to counter it.

It' s poker.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message