Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 01:44
LINK

Ok, so i get why, ...but i' d much rather have had a next-gen version.

It' ll be interesting to note how the PS2 and Wii versions stack up against each other
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 02:39
If by that, you mean interesting to see which one they' ve really been developing, all this time & which one they' re scaling.

I' m aware it' s probably the Wii version they' ve been plugging away on, but still, this worries me a bit.
Majik

RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 03:20
Didn' t you have a Saturn?

The PS2 game is a remake of the original. The Wii game is essentially NiGHTS 2.

NiGHTS into Dreams - Saturn/PS2
Journey of Dreams - Wii

What i meant was it' ll be interesting to see how they compare technologically.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 05:07
I dont get why! why would you release it on the PS2?

Nights isnt a casual game, hell i never heard of nights untill recently. It' s for the gamer crowd, the old school crowd, the crowd who already have a PS3, 360 or Wii. This move makes no sense
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 07:17
As far as we know now it' s only for Japan. I wouldn' t be surprised if it gets released outside of it too of course.

But as for why on the PS2? I guess because they know that it' ll sell much better than on the PS3 and 360 which don' t sell too well in Japan. Wasn' t the PS2 the second best selling console right now behind the Wii? That would explain it I assume. Especially with the large install base already and the fact that people also hear the talk about NiGHTS on Wii. Which might make some buy a Wii for it after they' ve tested the original on their PS2' s for example.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 09:29
Guarantee you the PS2 remake will get better scores and probably have better graphics, Wii is garbage.
< Message edited by emofag -- 23 Nov 07 1:29:28 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 16:37

Guarantee you the PS2 remake will get better scores and probably have better graphics, Wii is garbage.

Does that one hold any more weight than your guarantee that you' d be on here every day telling everyone about how much the PS3 is " raping" every other system with sales? We keep you here for amusement, not accuracy in analysis.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 23:25
Agh, my bad. I skimmed over the OP, thought it was the sequel getting ported...

Yeah, I had a Saturn. It actually copped out on me, which was a first for any of my Sega consoles.

I dont get why! why would you release it on the PS2?

Why? Because if they designed it on the PS3 or 360, it' d probably blow NiGHTS 2 out of the water. I' m not starting a flame war here, but realistically, how is it going to look if the remake is the bigger better-looking game? Not a smart move to have it outstrip the sequel.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 23 Nov 07 15:28:55 >
Majik

RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 23:37
I honestly expected a DS version before this, but releasing a NiGHTS game on PS2 makes sense because not only can you hit the 100 million + userbase, but you can also (i' m guessing) hit the PS3 userbase through backwards compatability.

But can you imagine how well a DS NiGHTS would do in Japan?

Personally i' d have prefered a it to be released for PS3 via PSN, ...or on DS. But then, PS2 still has (and likely will always have) the biggest install base in Japan, so i nguess PS2 makes sense.

As to how it' ll compare graphically to the Wii version - i expect it' ll hold it' s own.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 23, 2007 23:49

But can you imagine how well a DS NiGHTS would do in Japan?

The Japanese love their DS, but PS2 sales are also quite good there, considering it is an 8 year old console. You' d assume so many people would have one already.

As for how well it' d do? I think there' s a success randomizer that developers have to send their games through in Japan, really I do. I mean, this is the region that pushed over 33 thousand copies of Seaman 2...

I thought enough people died from the first one to make that an impossibility, but I was wrong. Enter the Japanese success-randomizer.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 24, 2007 02:19
Enter japan, where they make and buy gay shit. Like Anime with feminine guys who have crushes on other feminine guys, anime dating sims, and 3 versions of the same console.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 24, 2007 03:22
PS2 = cheapest development cost + largest installed base.

It' s a niche release.

If they were going to do something on 360 or PS3 it would be a whole new game. Nights, as much as I love it, doesn' t have what it takes to compete in those two markets.

Not yet at least. If it sells well on Wii, I' d expect other versions to follow.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: NiGHTS into Dreams announced for... uh... PS2 - Nov 24, 2007 07:40
Exactly. More people own PS2’s than any other console in the world. That’s why. If it’s brought out over here which it should it’d sell… especially at a budget price and even more so with the interest of JOD
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 23 Nov 07 23:41:53 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message