Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 IKEA is a trap
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 05:12
I went to IKEA today. I was going to buy a couple of lamps, maybe a nice tea cup or something. Didn' t expect to spend more than $40.
I ended up wasting over $360
IKEA has so many things that you just want to have in your home when you see them. A nice and soft bathroom carpet, a cool soap bar cup, some nice cutlery etc.
You just keep picking things up as you go and then when you' re at the cash register you just don' t know what happened.
I' m lucky I had more than enough money to mindlessly spend on the stuff but it' s not always I can do that. So if you ever go to IKEA, I suggest you decide what to buy before hand or you might do what I did today
And the time flies as well. I was there for well over four hours, but it felt like half an hour.
It' s a good thing you can buy loads food for practically nothing there...

I think I just spent some game designated money on IKEA products
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 05:16
Four Hours? whatthe hell Ginjirou?
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 05:29
Can you not bring some of the stuff back and get a refund?
ginjirou

RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 05:41
I don' t want to. I like the stuff I bought. The mistake wasn' t to buy the things, the mistake was to go there and discover how many nice things I didn' t have.
That' s why IKEA is a trap. You don' t know it until you' re there.

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 06:02
Ah Ikea...love the 5 kronors hotdogs :P

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 11 Aug 07 22:02:45 >
ginjirou

RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 06:34
Yeah, I prefer the pizza slices though. And unlimited refills of drinks
I wanted to buy maybe 20 pizza slices and take some home but then I remembered I should keep my dignity
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 09:49
Fucking Sweds and your damn IKEA.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 10:37
Are you a woman ginjirou?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 13:32
I' ve heard of Ikea, but I don' t really know what it is. Isn' t that stuff you have to assemble that you buy online or from infomercials? Are you saying that it' s an actual store you can go to in real life? I' d have to leave my house? That sounds scary.
ginjirou

RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 19:54

ORIGINAL: emofag

Are you a woman ginjirou?

LOL, no but I can see your point.

I' ve heard of Ikea, but I don' t really know what it is. Isn' t that stuff you have to assemble that you buy online or from infomercials? Are you saying that it' s an actual store you can go to in real life? I' d have to leave my house? That sounds scary.

They sell cheap furniture with cool swedish design. The furniture is assembled at home for easy transport and cheaper production costs/storage costs.
They are also one fo the worlds biggest companies in the food industry due to all the restaurants they have at their stores.

You can read more and see their products
HERE
And you can read about them
HERE

If you like building your own home in TheSims then IKEA is really fun to visit.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 12 Aug 07 11:57:42 >
Joe Redifer

RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 20:42
I like their bookshelves. I can really use as much bookshelf space as possible to store my massive videogame collection... and DVDs.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 21:49

We just got one here in Michigan about a year back now, and I have to say, if I had money it' d be pretty cool. The Swedish Meatballs rock. Now those I can afford.

It was rather funny, because on the grand opening you have hundreds of overweight not-so-handy people shopping around IKEA, and the general response when they were done was, " WTF, I have to put this stuff together myself?"

Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 12, 2007 23:59
It doesn' t really help that the places are usually set up like mazes either.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 13, 2007 02:26
Yeah, I' ve never been to one, but I heard that you can' t just walk around anywhere in it, you have to follow a set path. What kind of fascist rat maze nightmare retail world are we living in? Don' t you fools SEE?! F*** all these " dark and gritty" video games! The real dark and gritty is actually shiny and pretty!!! WHERE MY TRUXTON DAWGS AT?!?!?!!1
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 13, 2007 03:07
Okay, where the eff is that Truxton Dawgs thing from? I' ve been reading it all day.

And yeah, it' s kind of like a guided tour. They' ve got little shortcuts from department to department, but they' re hard to find in the first place as it' s usually quite crowded in there.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 13, 2007 03:19

Yeah, I' ve never been to one, but I heard that you can' t just walk around anywhere in it, you have to follow a set path. What kind of fascist rat maze nightmare retail world are we living in? Don' t you fools SEE?! F*** all these " dark and gritty" video games! The real dark and gritty is actually shiny and pretty!!! WHERE MY TRUXTON DAWGS AT?!?!?!!1

Pretty much, I was draged along with my Mom once into an IKEA store (she needed help lifting the dresser). The entire stores is set up like one linear line thats folded and twisted to fit into the building. By the time I reached what we were looking for 30 minutes into the journey. We figured we must have been close to the other end so we kept going in hopes of finding a cash register. Three hours later we reached the exit. It would have been faster but my Mom kept stopping to look at all the shit.

That' s why they serve food in their store, it' s not just a marketing gimick. It' s because if they don' t, some customers could die of starvation before they reach the end.

Okay, where the eff is that Truxton Dawgs thing from? I' ve been reading it all day.

Zoy is making fun of the name " Huxley" .
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 12 Aug 07 19:22:29 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 13, 2007 05:18
I just like to imagine that there' s a street-smart posse of hardcore Truxton fans representing the blah blah blah...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 13, 2007 08:29
Lawl, I went there to buy furniture for my new apartment and didn' t buy anything. It is really annoying having to walk around in a huge circle to get to the exit. And most of their designs sucked. I ended up buying a couch, dinner table with chairs, and a bed from a different furniture store, and they shipped everything and set it up right in my apartment for $50.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 13, 2007 08:54

I just like to imagine that there' s a street-smart posse of hardcore Truxton fans representing the blah blah blah...

Ahhhh... Now I gatcha.

Y' know, if I had put 2 & 2 together, it would have been pretty darn funny.
Joe Redifer

RE: IKEA is a trap - Aug 13, 2007 10:40
Truxton was pretty decent on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll