Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EPIC to focus on consoles (PC gaming is in dissaray)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
EPIC to focus on consoles (PC gaming is in dissaray) - Feb 15, 2008 02:07

PC gaming is currently in " disarray," says Bleszinski

Epic' s Cliff Bleszinski has said that the studio is focusing on producing console titles for the time being, claiming PC gaming is currently in " disarray" .

" I think people would rather make a game that sells 4.5 million copies than a million and Gears is at 4.5 million right now on the 360," he told MTV Multiplayer.

" I think the PC is just in disarray... What' s driving the PC right now is Sims-type games and WOW and a lot of stuff that' s in a web-based interface. You just click on it and play it. That' s the direction PC is evolving into."

" For me, the PC is kind of the secondary part of what we' re doing," confirmed Bleszinski. " It' s important for us, but right now making AAA games on consoles is where we' re at."

Bleszinski declined to name said games, refusing to be drawn on a much-rumoured sequel to the multi-million selling global hit Gears of War. However, he did say Epic is sticking to making games for the demographic it' s familiar with.

" I don' t want to win over [someone' s] little college sister, because that' s not the kind of game I do," he said. " I' m not going to make f***ing Cooking Mama."

Link

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message