Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a second system)
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a second - Aug 22, 2006 04:35

August 21, 2006 - In a financial report last week, Tokyo-based Nikko Citigroup forecast that the Wii would retail for $170. Now a big wig at Electronic Arts has thrown his two cents into the discussion, and it seems he concurs with the Japanese firm.

Speaking with GamesIndustry.biz, David Gardner, executive VP and COO of EA' s worldwide studios, said, " I' ve heard in Japan that the price is about $170, but I don' t know if the price has been set in Europe yet."

It is unclear whether or not Gardner is commenting directly on Nikko Citigroup' s financial report, or if there is other evidence supporting this price model he' s referring to. Calls to EA were not returned as of this writing.

Gardner also echoed comments made by Xbox boss Peter Moore at this year' s E3 that the Wii will be many consumer' s second next-gen console. " Nintendo has come up with a very clever strategy," said Gardner. " They' ve made a choice which is great for the consumer. Now we' re going to have a choice whereby consumers can buy a Wii plus one other console."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726803p1.aspx
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a se - Aug 22, 2006 04:37
I think you' ll find that he DOES say it' ll be a 2nd system...

" Nintendo has come up with a very clever strategy," said Gardner. " They' ve made a choice which is great for the consumer. Now we' re going to have a choice whereby consumers can buy a Wii plus one other console."

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a se - Aug 22, 2006 04:45
The question i ask myself is...

Is downgrading wii worth its cheaper price-tag?
Couldn' t we pay a bit more for atleast a bit more ram into this wii?
Or a small HDD.
]GaNgStA[

RE: EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a se - Aug 22, 2006 05:29

Speaking exclusively to GamesIndustry.biz, executive VP and COO of EA' s worldwide studios, David Gardner, has revealed that the publisher believes the console will retail for around US $170 in North America.

as for your QUEZtion , they' ve optimised their performance with cooling solution and power suppliy and everything.It' s close to launch and they' re going to produce their system pretty soon.

additional amount of ram would mean nothing if Wii is tweaked to achieve it' s peak performance by now.

Wii is so small that anything like a " small HDD" put inside, could change size of the entire unit -and force them to redesign it.

It' s not about graphics though so I think making it cheaper is a good idea.

I just hope that EU price won' t be much higher ( DS Lite costs nearly 200$ while it' s 129$ in the US, 114$ in Japan and about 120$ in Australia)
QuezcatoL

RE: EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a se - Aug 22, 2006 05:31
But,look at mario galaxy,you gonna tell me it wouldnt be showed as a show-off for 360/ps3 if it came to their console?

It looks absolutly next-gen and it' s a plattform title!!

Wii can do great things,its proven that with mario galaxy,but perhaps only the most talented developers works on mario galaxy...

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a se - Aug 22, 2006 05:42
I' d pay an extra 75 or so for more memory, but if you' re just using it as a gaming machine/dvd player, which they suggest you will, are you really going to need more than 512mb?
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 21 Aug 06 21:46:42 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a se - Aug 22, 2006 05:50
for saved cash you can get an extra SD card, so everybody' s happy.

Majik - this quote could also mean that everyone will get a 360 or PS3 next to their Wii.It' s hard to say what he meant , but I guess it can be interpretted both ways.

Wii can do great things,its proven that with mario galaxy,but perhaps only the most talented developers works on mario galaxy...

It sure looks great , but not far from the best looking Xbox games.

but if you' re just using it as a gaming machine/dvd player, which they suggest you will, are you really going to need more than 512mb?

yeah , but demos, Virtual Console... I think 1-2 GB SD card will be a must eventually.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 21 Aug 06 21:52:39 >
QuezcatoL

RE: EA boy confirmes Wii' s 170USD price for Japan... (also states that it won' t be a se - Aug 22, 2006 05:51
Or they buy more games for their ps3/xbox360.
Who know.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message