Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 05:50
" Sony says the next generation starts when they say so - bullshit!" He also opined that Gears, as a second-gen Xbox 360 title is likely to look better than PS3 launch titles.
" We' re trying to counteract all the hype the game has" by keeping a lot of the game features concealed and fresh. He also revealed that Gears Of War itself will take twelve-and-a-half hours to complete (not a recently cited ten hours, he made sure to point out), and that there is " plenty of replayability" after the fact.

As Gears Of War ends, Rein explains that the concentration is changing to making the Unreal Engine 3 engine for PlayStation 3 better. He notes:
" We have a couple of worried customers" regarding the PlayStation 3 and UE3, who are asking: " How are we going to get it to perform as well as the Xbox 360" ? But this is now what Epic is concentrating on, as it moves toward the completion of Unreal Tournament 2007 " some time in 2007."
ps! i really liked that game,what was it called again? ah,yeas N3 kick ass.

First we hear sony fanboys claiming UE3 have problem running on a 360,then the truth comes out.

Source?

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=11102
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 05:52
I still think the next generation starts when Sony says it does.. Microsoft
didn' t say it does, so I won' t take their word for it...
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 05:55
Well, it' s obvious that it will look far better then anything on the PS3 at this moment, but that' s what is expected from this game. not to mention that he' s comparing First Gen PS3 games with Second Gen 360 games.
< Message edited by Shikashi -- 3 Oct 06 21:55:56 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 06:01
PS3 is very different to PC/360 architecture though so obviously it' ll take more effort to get it running on PS3.

That said, Rainbow Six: Vegas is using the engine and is supposed to be a launch window title. Since other PS3 developers are struggling with the engine, could RB6:V slip into next year or are Ubisoft awesome enough to pull it off on their own?
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 06:03
After seeing Assassins Creed I think they' re awesome enough.
< Message edited by Shikashi -- 3 Oct 06 22:16:42 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 06:57
I find all these ' power' arguements amazing really...

The differences will be slight, it' s been said a million times. My current (or last depending on your view) gen system is PS2. And face it, compared to the competition it is my favourite gaming console. To quote kaz " Content is king" and that is why i have all the consoles if my wallet can afford it.

The sony fanboys who go on about the ps3 being so powerfull and how it' ll own the 360... get real. For 5 years there abouts you have had an technically inferior console, were gfx important then? not so much, huh?

Both consoles have/will be getting some hott exclusives, this is the thing to be excited about, and not to slate the games because they are on a format you hate. It' s quite sad to have a games machine and still call yourself a gamer.

For 360 haters, ALAN WAKE!!!! and lots of others depending on your tastes.
For PS3 haters, TEAM ICO, and lots of others depending on your tastes..

I wont mention wii as it seems generally accepted as a first/second console... which is great.

As majik says ignore sony, microsoft and their groups claiming victory for their respective consoles. It' s their job to make you want their machine more, visuals will hardly make a difference this time, and if they do... so what.... content is king!!! woo...!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 10:11
Well said Uumai.
Emotep

• Total Posts : 125
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 10:19
Another no-skill American game developer. :D
< Message edited by Emotep -- 4 Oct 06 2:19:35 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 12:59
Sorry buddy but your wrong - i' m not American I' m Australian!

Anyway i was refering to this statement by Uumai

The sony fanboys who go on about the ps3 being so powerfull and how it' ll own the 360... get real. For 5 years there abouts you have had an technically inferior console, were gfx important then? not so much, huh?

< Message edited by Terrak -- 4 Oct 06 5:00:01 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 13:30

I still think the next generation starts when Sony says it does.. Microsoft
didn' t say it does, so I won' t take their word for it...

No offence tiz, i respect your opinion but thats an ignorant statement. No one decides when the next gen starts. It starts whenever the first console in a respective generation is released. The 360 happened to be released first and that is when the " next gen" started even if you didn' t buy one people are still enjoying games from the " next gen" . Even once the Wii and ps3 are released people were still playing 360 games before that, so do those games and gamers not count?

Another thing, Sony doesn' t have a monopoly on videogames, its not even certain that they will be market leaders this round. Infact so far Microsoft is about 6 million units ahead of the competition but for all we know Nintendo can catch up and surpass both Sony and MS. This is the first gen where a Playstation isn' t the first to the market (Dreamcast was in between generations), and regardless of what Sony is bullshitting to investors this WILL make a difference, its anyones game.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 4 Oct 06 5:32:06 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 13:36
I don' t think Tiz was serious. He was pulling your leg/being sarcastic.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 16:17
I highly doubt Ubisoft made many modifications to the performance end of UE3. Epic is always improving the Engine, making it run faster and fixing bugs. I' m sure Ubisoft continually gets the latest updates. They' ll probably just use what they have ready now.
UT2007 will end up using a newer version and running faster.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 16:37
maybe, its hard to read sacasm online.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mark Rein is angry,very angry- he attack the ps3 also! - Oct 04, 2006 19:36
Well if Evil man hasn' t been joking using sarcasm or pretending to be a retard,i feel almost sorry for that scumbag.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll