Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Far Cry for Wii
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Far Cry for Wii - Aug 04, 2006 07:52
IGN article:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/723/723080p1.aspx

The publisher has supported Nintendo' s Wii console since it was first revealed, eagerly readying such anticipated exclusives as the first-person shooter Red Steel and the action-platformer Rayman Raving Rabbids, both of which are set to debut with the system in a matter of months. But guess what? The French videogame giant is hardly stopping there. It has another five - yes, five games planned for Wii, and they' ll all arrive in time for the platform' s launch window.

Ubisoft today announced that it is in development with versions of Far Cry, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Monster 4x4 World Circuit and Open Season for Wii. In addition, the studio is bringing an all-new racer called GT Pro Series to the system.
The publisher also said that it has " many more titles in development" for Wii.

Wow, didn' t see that coming. It' s great news though.
Go Ubisoft!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Aug 06 23:55:22 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 04, 2006 07:58
A re-modified port of Instincts?!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 04, 2006 08:02
Maybe they' re hoping the wii will be able to sell them better...but why not put more time into titles to come and do ones that are here later.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 04, 2006 08:15
Hopefully they can make it more fun that the 360 version. I rented the game and played it for a good 5 hours then had to stop because it sucked so freaking bad...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 04, 2006 09:51

^^^ That' s their ' Monster 4x4 World Circuit'
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 04, 2006 10:45
wow, far cry sure looks different.
Jessica Spencer

• Total Posts : 62
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 07, 2006 23:19
Dont ever EVER judge anyone that is supporting the Wii. WII WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 08, 2006 12:35
In that same article they also talk about a Prince of Persia title for the Wii. I didn' t expect that either. Two Thrones just seemed like it was going to be the last game to me.

IGN confirmed the PoP title here for anyone interested. I wonder what kind of controls we can expect. PoP doesn' t seem like the kind of game that would be easily controlled with the Wii-mote.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 08, 2006 12:38
I think Ubisoft is making a smart move in putting their full backing behind the Wii. Even EA seems to be wising up :)
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Far Cry for Wii - Aug 08, 2006 18:39
It will pay of - Nintendo fanbase is pretty loyal in most cases and they are the guys who kill any 3rd party support in the long run (they only buy the 1st or 2nd party titles - they ofc have good reasons).

If someone declares Wii support like Ubi did , they get somehow connected with Nintendo more than others and gamers will check their games.

I think the biggest problem with 3rd party on Nintendo systems is that the 1st party line-up is way too strong for 3rd party to compete.

That' s why Sony did so good with the PSX - especially since Nintendo wasn' t very helpful to other companies.

The launch this year will also be very strong with Zelda and Metroid - I think 3rd party titles will start selling after everyone have finished Zelda and other 1st party games:)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll