Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Factor 5 to Fix " Lair" with Patch?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Factor 5 to Fix " Lair" with Patch? - Feb 14, 2008 04:18

Factor 5 could be working on Lair fix

By Frank Caron | Published: February 13, 2008 - 10:37AM CT

When the PlayStation 3 was gaining prerelease steam, one of the most anticipated games was Lair. Factor 5, the developer of the title, had an excellent reputation for great games in the same vein, so it came as a shock to many when the title' s controls just weren' t up to snuff. Factor 5 president Julian Eggebrecht recently voiced his thoughts about the lessons the company had learned and acknowledged the possibility of some kind of fix for the original title.

Eggebrecht started on the defensive, saying that gamers who " got" the controls found Lair enjoyable, as witnessed by the " casual comments—on Amazon, for example." However, he concedes that " almost every single person in and outside of the industry who is little bit more of a hardcore gamer had a huge problem with [the controls]." The company didn' t " anticipate that." When questioned if a fix could be in the works to patch up the control woes, Eggebrecht responded with the following:

I can' t say anything quite yet, but there might be something in the works there. We might have a chance yet to bring those back to the table and hopefully, if that should happen, they would give the game a second chance Nevertheless, we definitely took a long look at the results and learned a couple of lessons.

Eggebrecht humbly reiterated the lessons learned by the company, stating that on a platform where motion control is mandatory, other control options should always be available. Judging by the general implementation of the SixAxis thus far, I' d say that' s a pretty safe assessment.

ARSTechnica

How many of you would go back & give the game a second shot if they fixed up (read as, totally revamped) the control scheme?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Factor 5 to Fix " Lair" with Patch? - Feb 14, 2008 04:25

How many of you would go back & give the game a second shot if they fixed up (read as, totally revamped) the control scheme?

You cant polish a turd.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Factor 5 to Fix " Lair" with Patch? - Feb 14, 2008 04:58

I would probably rent it again and actually play it for more than an hour this time. Either that or pick it up super cheap from someone who bought the crappy game and wants to get rid of it.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Factor 5 to Fix " Lair" with Patch? - Feb 14, 2008 07:52
I would give it a go. Never played it but if they fix the control scheme I would give it a go.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Factor 5 to Fix " Lair" with Patch? - Feb 14, 2008 12:26
Must be a big fucking patch.
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Factor 5 to Fix " Lair" with Patch? - Feb 14, 2008 13:39
I have a PS3, I don' t have Lair, I' m Happy....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll