Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 08:14
Just finished CoD4 on hardend on one playthrough took me around 6-7 hours perhaps?

Anyway,the game were awesome,yes it was and the graphic is the best so far ,well obviously Gears looks better close up,but in realistic terms,but nvm,back to topic,I had to restart almost whoile levels just because the game refused to give me checkpoints,in fact one time I was like cursing at the game for how retarded teh checkpoint system was,then when I replayed the same part it gave me 3 checkpoints in a row very fast after I died and had to restart the level.

WTF?!

On very tough parts it happend A LOT.

Now this occured in CoD2+3 too sometimes,but dammit the bug is still in CoD4 :/

Gonna be a pain in the ass with the bug on Veteran,not because its " hard" but because the game refuse to give out checkpoints sometimes.

One time on a defend mission,I had to run like a retard,out to the enemy and then back,and then suddenly I got a checkpoint,thats right,I even had to look for ways to trigger it,annoying as hell.

Nvm hopefully the MP will be a blast´.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 08:41
It seems annoying that thing with the checkpoints. I hate it when things like that happen, it adds some unnecessary frustration. Did reviewers from sites and magazines miss this? I haven' t read up too much about the game but all I heard was that they generally were very positive about the game.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 09:02
Single player on this game is really generic IMO. Just go one way, all laid out for you to follow not much scope atall.

I lost interest on the second level. Infact i can' t even play SP HL2 anymore either, that Crysis Demo just blows everything out of the water, everything else really feels old and too forced / not enough freedom.

Must of played through the Crysis Demo over 10 times and still got scope to play even better.

Anyway,

Not Long before the games released.

QuezcatoL

RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 09:04

Crysis demo were nothing new...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 09:44
I' m getting hands-on tomorrow with this bad boy, impressions then.

In my opinion, CoD2' s veteran mode wasn' t hard enough, so I doubt the checkpoint thing will be a big issue for me.

Quez, I heard the opposing force uses RPG-7s liberally. Does that get annoying at all?
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 09:47
Nah,because they aim bad,but at one point you ask yourself,wtf rpg again?

WHy?

Why?

It make no sense,it looks cool though!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 17:45

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Single player on this game is really generic IMO. Just go one way, all laid out for you to follow not much scope atall.

Must of played through the Crysis Demo over 10 times and still got scope to play even better.

I think you' ll probably quite like Battlefield: Bad Company for it' s more sandbox-like nature, ...and then Far Cry 2 ofcourse...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 17:53

I lost interest on the second level. Infact i can' t even play SP HL2 anymore either, that Crysis Demo just blows everything out of the water, everything else really feels old and too forced / not enough freedom.

Isnt it just the style of the game?

One features an open ended enviroment and the other features more closed of spaces.

Both can feature some really cool stuff.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 19:58
I' ve beaten CoD 4, too and I actually didn' t have this bug to annoy me that often. But I had a different bug in the mission where you fly this aircraft. One of my own people became stuck between two cars and so he couldn' t get to the helicopters. And when I went to the last checkpoint he got stuck again. Had to restart the whole mission. But other than that it was a nice experience - for one night.

Mp is awesome, though.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 21:02
Getting my hands on this tomorrow as well and will be splitting my weekend between this and Halo which I just got(yes I know I am a bit late, but you have to have the money). I personally am looking more forward to the MP then the SP, that is really the reason why I play FPS. Hope to see some of you online so we can play either if these games, just send me an invite and we can get to it.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 09, 2007 22:06

Getting my hands on this tomorrow as well and will be splitting my weekend between this and Halo which I just got

Seven hours dude!

We' ll be swinging around your place at 4-ish. Just putting the final touches on the box now.

Nah,because they aim bad,but at one point you ask yourself,wtf rpg again?

WHy?

Why?

It make no sense,it looks cool though!

Heh, ok. I' d heard there were tons, and I' d also heard it wasn' t a problem so I was trying to figure out how they worked around that.

I' m still waiting for the Palestine/Israeli loadout kits.
Nitro

RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 10, 2007 00:08

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I' m still waiting for the Palestine/Israeli loadout kits.

Heh, i' m going to Israel in October next year. I might be able to pick up some Israeli Military garb...
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 10, 2007 01:03
Good luck trying to find a full IDF uniform retail. They' re bloody expensive if you don' t know somebody personally to sell you theirs.

If anything, buy one or two of their cotton fatigue shirts & a service-issue belt. They' re comfy, well ventilated & they look snazzy!
Nitro

RE: Quez finished CoD4...but quez not to happy anyway... - Nov 10, 2007 22:34
Holy f*cking shit at the base level at the end! The smoke and heat shimmer look unbelievable

Well i' m done on Hardened. The credits are rolling and i' ll in less than a minute i' ll be able to play the extra Epilogue level. I got to save me the hotages yo!

EDIT: done.

Now for Veteran.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 10 Nov 07 14:45:17 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message