Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Beta Tests Galore! (This will be a hot month)
SockmoVet2005

• Total Posts : 22
Beta Tests Galore! (This will be a hot month) - Jun 09, 2005 14:50
What better way to uncover from the horribly dull games of the Summer, than to be able to beta test the hottest releases for the fall?!

Goto www.playstation.com and get an account (if you haven' t already). Make sure you register your peripherals, including your PS2, a Memory Card, a Dualshock 2, a Network Adaptor, and confirm that you have DSL. You have to be 18 years old.

I just got my 25 to Life beta test email today! And I also got an email from the official eseals website that Socom 3' s beta starts soon! There are bound to be other exciting games to be tested soon, so dont miss out!
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Beta Tests Galore! (This will be a hot month) - Jun 09, 2005 15:29
I really don' t know about beta testing online for console gaming. PC yes, consoles no. Console beta testing for games is a waste of time to me because of the limited power to expand in the future such as patches, new levels and whatever. With the new PS3 and Xbox360 however, it won' t be a waste of time since they really could be considered a computer.
SockmoVet2005

• Total Posts : 22
RE: Beta Tests Galore! (This will be a hot month) - Jun 09, 2005 15:39
Dude, seriously, who cares if its console or PC? Beta testing is a chance to test out some good games and play them before they hit store shelves. Its not like you' re losing anything from it...

Seriously, console tests are HELLA fun. I tested Battle Field Modern Combat, and it was almost like playing the actual game, only with a few bugs to report. Sure, patches wont be sent out periodically during the test, but it ensures for a better console game in the future. Also, PS2 does have patches, as does Xbox. Its possible for beta patches, but hasn' t been done as of yet. Please consider it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll