Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft have bought Nintendo!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Microsoft have bought Nintendo!!! - Dec 01, 2006 00:14
No, they haven' t, but if J Allard hadn' t gotten Microsoft to go it alone then it could have been a reality...

Just like the pre-Internet days, Microsoft was stuck thinking conventionally. Allard' s bosses wanted to develop a video game version of Windows and get computer makers, such as Dell Inc., to build the device. But the industry didn' t work that way. Hardware makers lose money on console sales and make it back from royalties on games. When it became clear that Microsoft had to enter the console business, building from scratch wasn' t his superior' s first choice. " I wanted to acquire Nintendo," recalls Rick Thompson, a vice-president who then ran the hardware business. Allard pushed to do the whole project in-house, and Microsoft ultimately vaulted ahead of Nintendo.

LINK

< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 30 Nov 06 16:36:36 >
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Microsoft have bought Nintendo!!! - Dec 01, 2006 01:07
Well MS tried to buy Nintendo and Nintendos' president told them the famous " Lick my @@" !!!!!

It is quite old news really!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Microsoft have bought Nintendo!!! - Dec 01, 2006 01:16
They contemplated buying SEGA too, just prior to the original XBOX design phase. If they had given Sega the funding and the specs it would have been interesting to see what had been made of them.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Microsoft have bought Nintendo!!! - Dec 01, 2006 02:26

Allard' s bosses wanted to develop a video game version of Windows and get computer makers, such as Dell Inc., to build the device.

A similar concept was used for the 3DO, and oh what a grand success that was!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Microsoft have bought Nintendo!!! - Dec 01, 2006 03:00
Huh, Kutaragi binned, Halo 3 trailer, and Microsoft aqquiring Nintendo. These thread names are enough to give anybody a heart attack.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll