Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead Rising 2 Officially In Production
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Dead Rising 2 Officially In Production - Nov 08, 2008 00:47
...By some mediocre sports developer? What the hell Capcom?

Eurogamer

A source close to Canadian developer Blue Castle Games has told Eurogamer that the studio is making a sequel to Dead Rising.
Rumours that the Vancouver-based outfit was working on the zombie project first emerged last year, but neither the developer nor publisher Capcom has confirmed anything on the record. But while Eurogamer was on a secret mission in Vancouver last week, we were told by a source familiar with the project that Capcom has indeed farmed out development to the Western team.
The source said: "Everyone's really excited; the team has obviously seen the rumours and it's been hard to keep quiet, but they can't wait to show off the game."
Unfortunately, they wouldn't give us any details on the title or when we're likely to see it. Boo.
Blue Castle has so far released two baseball titles with 2K Games, including The Bigs, and announced MLB Front Office Manager earlier this month.
The company describes itself on its website as "a full-service, multi-project and multi-platform 3rd party developer located in Vancouver, Canada", where: "We are well underway on three new projects - an unannounced Action title and two Sports titles one of which was just announced."
Our source confirmed that the action title is a sequel to the deliciously enjoyable zombie romp, which released on 360 in 2006. The studio is currently hiring for its action project, with one job listing stating: "It's getting around - there is something amazing being built here at Blue Castle behind locked doors."

This has been the first really reliable news source reporting on it, but this rumor's been persisting for months, including the bit about Blue Castle being at the helm. I was erring on the side of caution, and not posting it, more due to wishful thinking than all else.
matriculated143

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Dead Rising 2 Officially In Production - Nov 09, 2008 08:34
that sucks, but at least there's going to be a sequel.

i wonder if you play the same character.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Dead Rising 2 Officially In Production - Nov 10, 2008 09:11
Mmmm... Silent Hill: Homecoming...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Dead Rising 2 Officially In Production - Nov 10, 2008 23:52
Pawning off potentially successful franchises to under accomplished nobody developers?

I'm missing the connection.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Dead Rising 2 Officially In Production - Nov 11, 2008 11:42
Did anyone else feel like Dead Rising was overrated to begin with? I thought it controlled like shit.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Dead Rising 2 Officially In Production - Nov 11, 2008 13:39
immortaldanmx

Did anyone else feel like Dead Rising was overrated to begin with? I thought it controlled like shit.

I really wanted to love it, and the control's were not the thing that makes disappointed.  The save points were murder, and the game didn't let you know what was most important to the story.  I totally lost the main story because I was trying to save some non important dude, and saved it at a point where I did not have enough time to make it back to the main quest.  I may give it another shot someday.

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Dead Rising 2 Officially In Production - Nov 11, 2008 15:22
Yeah the controls made some of the bosses a little frustrating, and running back and forth through respawning zombies got old sometimes.

But overall it was a great tongue-in-cheek zombie masher, which made good use of its technology, with a hilarious main story about meat.  Almost in the same league as Shaun of the Dead, but I dunno if I would die for a sequel - unless it was a completely different take on it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll