Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja Gaiden II release date
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 05:03
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 06:03
This game is going to kick so much ass, we might just run out of ass and have to borrow some from..................................................................................................

YOUR MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 06:23
for the first time ever i soooo want this game after watching the last trailer... hey 2pac that' s what i call an epic feel, please go and watch the latest trailer, freaking great i tell you. it seems they improved the graphics a lot.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 06:39
My only awaited Xbox game this year, other than Alan Wake
Abasoufiane

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 06:44
Chimura

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 06:52
I cried... its so beautiful!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 09:05
I take back all I said about Itagaki being lazy with his graphical style. That gameplay was insane. Massive draw distance, fantastic lighting, copious amounts of gore, depth of field, detailed textures and normal mapping, the list goes on.

Bring on June. All hail Itagaki the master!
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 21 Feb 08 1:09:01 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 18:55
Seriously now...

The game looks insane!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 19:34
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 19:39
Looks fucking amazing!
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 19:53

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne

Demo Coming Soon

2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 22:26
OMG !!!!!!

That was sweet .. I will probably be owned but this is another day one purchase for me .. The only problem i had with the original was that the environments felt cramped but this is fucking sweet ..
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 21, 2008 23:29
The most interesting thing is that the story actually looks like it could be interesting this time around. The problem with the original Xbox game and the PS3 remake was that the story was so far beyond B-movie stupid that it had zero impact on the actual experience.

From what we' ve seen so far, and the sacrificial temple level in particular (i seriously hope that' s the demo level) is that there is more emphasis on epic locations, art direction and story portrayal (including better voice acting).

Plus... the enemies look absolutely amazing.
Abasoufiane

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 22, 2008 00:11
my concern actualy is the art direction , we can get all excited about this game after this trailer, but we should keep in mind what was shown before which is underwhelming, and that was only two months ago at most since the last video shown, it' s like we' re talking about two different games, the venise-like and the temple setting was bland and even technically it looked like a high res xbox game " mostly" .

so did itagaki really boost those graphics and made some heavy modifications to the graphic engine, or is it the art direction of this particular level that is trying to fool us.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 22, 2008 01:30

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

my concern actualy is the art direction , we can get all excited about this game after this trailer, but we should keep in mind what was shown before which is underwhelming, and that was only two months ago at most since the last video shown, it' s like we' re talking about two different games, the venise-like and the temple setting was bland and even technically it looked like a high res xbox game " mostly" .

so did itagaki really boost those graphics and made some heavy modifications to the graphic engine, or is it the art direction of this particular level that is trying to fool us.

No offence abs , but stop being a dick .. I never expected Ninja Gaiden to have a scale like what was shown in the temple level . The game was sold to me even before this was shown . I dont think all the levels are going to be at a scale like the temple level , i will be happy even with a couple of such levels ..
Abasoufiane

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 22, 2008 01:57
what scale man ? i think you misunderstood, i' m talking about that level with the dojos and such in japan, it didn' t look great ! even the venise level didn' t look impressive AT ALL, devil may cry graphics walked all over it... nobody is talking about the scale, it' s not the scale that makes a level pretty otherwise dinasty warrior will be a champ. my point is, either there is some serious work that went through in a couple of months or that we' ve seen doesn' t reflect the overall quality of the game, graphically speaking.
Chimura

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 22, 2008 04:07
Well, two months is a lot of time. And it definitely seems that they have improved the lighting and overall textures. Plus the level looks wicked sick!
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 22, 2008 19:30

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

what scale man ? i think you misunderstood, i' m talking about that level with the dojos and such in japan, it didn' t look great ! even the venise level didn' t look impressive AT ALL, devil may cry graphics walked all over it... nobody is talking about the scale, it' s not the scale that makes a level pretty otherwise dinasty warrior will be a champ. my point is, either there is some serious work that went through in a couple of months or that we' ve seen doesn' t reflect the overall quality of the game, graphically speaking.

The only problem i had with the original was that the environments felt cramped but this is ***ing sweet

Massive draw distance

From what we' ve seen so far, and the sacrificial temple level in particular (i seriously hope that' s the demo level) is that there is more emphasis on epic locations

You' re the only one not talking about scale and scope Aba.

As 2pac correctly noted, the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox and it' s subsequent remake on PS3 feature claustrophobic levels in comparison to games like God of War, Heavenly Sword and to a lesser extent Devil May Cry. This temple level in Ninja Gaiden II has that kind of scale and it looks very different to the last game both in terms of art direction and scope.

The game will obviously feature a couple of similar epic locations, but i still expect most of the game to take place in the same kind of locations as the first game... including the Venice and the Monastery levels that we saw a couple of months ago.

I disagree that Devil May Cry' s graphics are better though. I don' t think there' s much in it at all, and i' d probably go as far as to say that the Temple Sacrifice level in NGII looks far nicer than any moment in DMC4.

I had been a little concerned that NGII would be too similar to the first game, which while badass, lacked awesome art direction. Fortunately i was wrong and Itagaki is going to stomp on everybody who tries to make way in the ' Slash the fuc.k out of everything like a badass motherfuc.ker' genre. The man is a videogame God.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 22, 2008 20:36
The first trailer won me over.

The second trailer (even though it' s the same video) almost sent me flying (into the nearest store that sells 360s.

The camera still bothers me though.
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden II release date - Feb 23, 2008 03:41
Apparently by " demo" they actually meant a video of the demonstration, with commentary by Itagaki.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message