Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Huxley Beta
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Huxley Beta - Aug 04, 2009 22:22
If anyone is still interested there is a closed Huxley Beta for PC going on right now. All it takes to get in is a Fileplanet login.

HERE
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 05, 2009 06:55
zomg gimme
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 05, 2009 07:11
Canadagamer you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. 
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 05, 2009 09:40
I'm in... although i'm in Barcelona for a fortnight... so hopefully i'll still catch you guys online when I get back.
locopuyo

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 05, 2009 17:42
fucker it won't work, installed it and everything then go here http://huxley.ijji.com/cbt.nhn, and the play live button is never enabled,  only the install button. Why do games not have a real .exe anymore? Launching from a web browser is retarded.

Nevermind, I guess you can only play between 4pm - 12 pm CST. 
<message edited by locopuyo on Aug 05, 2009 17:55>
canadagamer

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 05, 2009 18:06
Pretty pissed off right now. Don't know what exactly is wrong but I can't even get past the first step in downloading The Dystopia Beta client. When it downloads and I click on "save" an error message comes up stating that either the file is corrupt or the format is not supported. I tried downloading this several time yesterday and recieved the same error message everytime. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this, it will be greatly appreciated.
locopuyo

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 05, 2009 19:10
try using different web browsers
canadagamer

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 05, 2009 19:40
I have tried with both firefox and Internet Exploder so far, but I am going to try again when I get off of work. Hope to get on, and see some of you on there.
canadagamer

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 05, 2009 21:31
Got it to work now, must have just been something random that happened yesterday when I tried downloading it
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 06, 2009 02:57
Any impressions?  I need to get a fileplanet account first.
canadagamer

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 06, 2009 03:06
Started playing for a bit and really so far all I can say about it is that this is Unreal Tournament, which isn't a bad thing IMO. I have all settings set to high and everything is running smooth as silk, I've experienced no lag at all, and most importantly it is really a lot of fun. Joined a Skirmish I really shouldn't have and got my ass handed to me by higher level players.

My tag is PredatoryElk (of course) and I chose to be on the side of the mutants.
locopuyo

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 06, 2009 05:19
I was playing just a little bit ago and skirmishes weren't working for anyone.  The graphics are awesome and smooth, but there is some weird ass glitch going on where I have jitters all the fucking time and it is pissing me the fuck off WHAT THE FUCK.  Also doing quests is laggy as fuck, I had a half second delay and couldn't hit anything.
canadagamer

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 06, 2009 16:38
Wow loco that indeed does suck balls. I did notice that Skirmishes weren't working for anyone, but I didn't have any jitters and the quests that I did do were 100% lag free.

BTW, what's your tag?
locopuyo

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 06, 2009 19:17
Mine is sharknice.  When you do quests in groups it does it p2p so it can be laggy.  I talked to other people in the game and they said it was laggy too. It wasn't laggy when I did lowner quests.  I just upgraded my graphics drivers so I'm hoping that will fix it.  Otherwise the only I can think of is disabling my other graphics card and 3 monitors, but I doubt that would make a difference.
canadagamer

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 06, 2009 19:27
Well thank makes more sense then regarding the lag, loco. I did all of my quests so far loner, haven't done any in a group yet. I'll try doing quests in a group tonight, and see if I get any lag. I'll add you on friends list as well.
locopuyo

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 07, 2009 00:16
I played some skirmishes today.  It was pretty sweet.  There was some lag but it wasn't too bad.  It's kinda lame they do them p2p instead of with dedicated servers.  It's very much like Unreal Tournament which is a good thing.  I've been dominating the shit out of people
canadagamer

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 07, 2009 17:22
I played a couple of skirmishes last night, and the lag was so bad that it pretty much made it unplayable which was very disappointing. Gonna give it another try tonight in the hopes that the lag gets a little bit better. I agree with you that it does suck that they are doing it p2p rather than with dedicated servers.

Loco, I added you to friends list as well.
locopuyo

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 07, 2009 18:44
have you played the battle mode yet?  I haven't been able to find the place where you can join them.  I'm assuming those are not p2p.  This game being worth getting depends on that, otherwise I would just play UT3.
canadagamer

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 07, 2009 20:46
Battle Mode? Forgive my ignorance, but is that where you can bring up a map and see where major altercations are going on? If that is what it is, then yes I did that the first night playing. I remember I couldn't get into any skirmishes, and ended up clicking on something (probably thinking it was Battle Mode) and a map came up showing these major altercations going on between the two factions. I clicked on one of them and was brought into what was basically huge and I mean huge deathmatch. There was this turret I got into near my spawn that looked very much like a Tiefighter, as well as there were a nice variety of vehicles available to use both ground and air. Some of the vehicles I couldn't use because I am not high enough level to operate them, but I did manage to get into a car with a very weak gun mounted on the roof. The controls for the vehicle were very responsive and not hard to control at all, I just wish it had a little bit more firepower. Oh, almost forgot, when I was in this battle there was absolutely no lag at all which was awesome.

Hope that helps.
locopuyo

Re:Huxley Beta - Aug 08, 2009 04:30
canadagamer

Battle Mode? Forgive my ignorance, but is that where you can bring up a map and see where major altercations are going on? If that is what it is, then yes I did that the first night playing. I remember I couldn't get into any skirmishes, and ended up clicking on something (probably thinking it was Battle Mode) and a map came up showing these major altercations going on between the two factions. I clicked on one of them and was brought into what was basically huge and I mean huge deathmatch. There was this turret I got into near my spawn that looked very much like a Tiefighter, as well as there were a nice variety of vehicles available to use both ground and air. Some of the vehicles I couldn't use because I am not high enough level to operate them, but I did manage to get into a car with a very weak gun mounted on the roof. The controls for the vehicle were very responsive and not hard to control at all, I just wish it had a little bit more firepower. Oh, almost forgot, when I was in this battle there was absolutely no lag at all which was awesome.

Hope that helps.

yeah how the hell do you get into battle mode, i clicked the map and it said you had to be a certain place.  I couldn't find where it is.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll