Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Leap Year problem
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 01, 2010 20:24
Any of you guys suffer from the leap year problem today with your "fat" PS3's?  I haven't turned mine on tonight, I'm waiting for a patch from Sony in case everything gets borked.

Hope you all heard about before any damage was done!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/mar/01/games-sony1

No Demon's Souls for me tonight :(
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 01, 2010 20:31
I'm touching neither my retail unit nor the debug till things clear up. Hope Sony gets its shit in order soon - got God of War 3 on the go.
Iad umboros

Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 01, 2010 20:46
Show off!  Downloaded the demo at the weekend but haven't tried it yet.  Remember to make plenty of disparaging comments letting us know how it ripped off Dante's Inferno in the review ;)
Edwin

Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 01, 2010 22:01
Fo sho ;)

It's quite a tricky one, actually. I've finished the story once, been checking out the unlockables. Now I need to go back and replay some at a higher difficulty. Secret to truly classic hack and slash (or even just "truly class game") = harder modes amount to more than higher damage values.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 02, 2010 01:13
Should be fixed by now since "February 29" is long gone all over the world.  Both my Slim and my Phat seem to work fine.  It mainly only affected the Phat models to my knowledge.  It was a system bug, a really stupid one, to be sure.  Y2K all over again, but this Y2K bug actually was real... kind of.
Iad umboros

Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 02, 2010 23:12
Joe Redifer

Should be fixed by now since "February 29" is long gone all over the world.  Both my Slim and my Phat seem to work fine.  It mainly only affected the Phat models to my knowledge.  It was a system bug, a really stupid one, to be sure.  Y2K all over again, but this Y2K bug actually was real... kind of.

Yeah, but I don't understand why it borked the system.  My PS3 now think's it's 1 March but for some reason this is okay when it's the second?  I assume something to do with the fact 29 February 2010 never existed.  Ridiculously it made front page news of the free paper here that's handed out on public transport.  With a bit of luck we'll all get a free PSN game or something, MS gave away Undertow for free after Live went a bit wonky over Chrimbo a couple of years back.  No one was paying for Undertow anyway.  Fat Princess for PSN users?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 02, 2010 23:47
From my understanding the issue was caused by the PS3 itself thinking it was February 29.  But the user had date and time set to adjust according to what the PSN told it.  The PSN said there was no February 29.  The PS3 said "FU asshole, it is February 29 despite what your dumb ass says and I ain't changing".  The PSN was like "STFU I ain't talking to retards like you then" and disconnected the PS3 from the network.  Then the PS3 felt rejected and thought "Fuck this shit, I ain't doin' nothin' until March rolls around.  At least then we'll all agree it's March."
Edwin

Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 03, 2010 09:45
Joe Redifer

From my understanding the issue was caused by the PS3 itself thinking it was February 29.  But the user had date and time set to adjust according to what the PSN told it.  The PSN said there was no February 29.  The PS3 said "FU asshole, it is February 29 despite what your dumb ass says and I ain't changing".  The PSN was like "STFU I ain't talking to retards like you then" and disconnected the PS3 from the network.  Then the PS3 felt rejected and thought "Fuck this shit, I ain't doin' nothin' until March rolls around.  At least then we'll all agree it's March."

:D

Man, I wish Sony had put *that* out as a press release on Monday.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 03, 2010 10:49
Yeah, Torr's pretty fucking pissed about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aimPRKfqKGw&feature=topvideos

Edwin

Re:PS3 Leap Year problem - Mar 03, 2010 14:15
That's not Torr, that's his mother.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages