Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MK: Armageddon
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
MK: Armageddon - Oct 14, 2006 10:34
Has anyone played this title?

If so, tell us about it...I am wishing to buy this title, but want a first-hand, gamer-only, review.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: MK: Armageddon - Oct 14, 2006 11:21
I have not played it but I can relay what I know and have heard from people who have. First off the game has 62 playable characters, Motor Kombat (like Mario Kart) and Konquest (Like Shaolin Monks). Only a few of the characters are locked in the beginning. The gameplay is similar to Deception and Deadly Alliance aside from the extra ability to fight in the air (similar to MK3 how you could combo eachother in the air). You can also make your own character, as well Fatalities (the originals) as well as new customizable ones are in.

The point of this game is to essentially bring a close to the MK Universe as we know it as such Every character does have an ending (I am still unsure if it is in Cutscene or written format) I hope for the first format.

As far as I have heard this is the greatest Mortal Kombat game to come out in almost a decade. Also, Gamespot' s 7.0 can go screw off :) They just weren' t happy they didn' t get their Puzzle Fighter back.

Edit: Ign said it best,

" Mortal Kombat: Armageddon may not be the definitive collection since it does leave some characters out, and some of the final endings may be weaker than others. However, the inclusion of 62 total warriors is a massive achievement. Throw in a fun, albeit short Konquest mode, a diversionary mini-game, a new fatality system, and perhaps one of the largest character creation modes we' ve seen, and you have a great title that will keep Mortal Kombat fans busy for months.
IGN' s Ratings for Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Xbox)" 8.5 was their rating, that seems alot more realistic.

When Gamespot gives Soul Caliber 3 8.2 for doing virtually nothing different aside from create-a-fighter. Then gives MK:A a 7.0 for " Not raising the bar" you know something is F' ed up with their reviewing system.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 14 Oct 06 3:27:20 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MK: Armageddon - Oct 16, 2006 06:40
havent played it yet, but judging by the fact that every MK game has been the same thing with diff. ppl and fatalities, you can prob. say its the same as every other exept with better graphics and tons of more people and fatalities

i love fatalities
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: MK: Armageddon - Oct 19, 2006 12:19
I' ve been playing Mk:A for the past two days, and I enjoy it. If you liked Deadly Alliance or Deception then you' ll probably like this one too. Unlike the Konquest mode in the last game, this one is MUCH better, being that it' s modelled after Shaoling Monks.

The number of characters is STAGGERING, to say the least. I' ve hit the arcade mode with a couple of the characters, but I' ve really been paying most of my attention to the Konquest mode.

The Kart Racing is a throwaway, as far as I' m concerned, and I much preferred the puzzle game from the last MK. I haven' t played the multiplayer Kart Racing though, so I can' t give an opinion on that.

So, what do you guys think of my character that I created?

Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: MK: Armageddon - Oct 19, 2006 15:04
Customization is brilliant, haha, that is great Chee Saw :) So ending wise, are they slideshows of art or CGI? (speaking primarily in the fighting mode).
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: MK: Armageddon - Oct 20, 2006 03:54

ORIGINAL: Alecrein

Customization is brilliant, haha, that is great Chee Saw :) So ending wise, are they slideshows of art or CGI? (speaking primarily in the fighting mode).

It' s actually not even THAT good!

Basically, it' s the character doing their fighting style kata, while a voice-over in the background tells their story.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MK: Armageddon - Oct 20, 2006 05:26

When Gamespot gives Soul Caliber 3 8.2 for doing virtually nothing different aside from create-a-fighter. Then gives MK:A a 7.0 for " Not raising the bar" you know something is F' ed up with their reviewing system.

Gamespot gave soul calibur 3 a 8.2 because its only on ps2, personally i think it deserved around a 6.7 to 7.3, depending on how well you like fighting fames or the series. i bought 2 for the xbox and was kinda disapointed. it deserved a 6.5 in my book

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll