Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fire Emblem for Wii
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Fire Emblem for Wii - Jan 31, 2007 06:51
http://wii.ign.com/articles/743/743884p1.aspx

I actually think this would be kinda cool if they put the wiimote to use.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Jan 31, 2007 07:14
I don' t see why they wouldn' t. Especially from a marketing/review standpoint. Not supporting the wii' s primary feature would draw criticism from the gaming community, and reviewers. I would think that they would see this, and just add wii-mote funcionality from this standpoint alone.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Feb 01, 2007 03:01
This would be awesome if one is able to wield the remote as an axe, sword or bow, and lance. Different strokes for a hack/slash/pierce...could be interesting.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Feb 01, 2007 03:08
I' ve had an urge lately to play a basic turn-based RPG lately, and this one looks pretty good. I actually played Shining in the Darkness the other day! Man, that brought back memories. Unfortunately, I played for about 2 hours and couldn' t figure out how to get my save game back up! SUCKS!
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Feb 07, 2007 01:33
It' s doubtful that they' ll have control over the axe/lance/sword like what you' re talking about Shadowwulf. That wouldn' t really mix with the type of game Fire Emblem usually is. They could let you control the movement of your troops and other cursor functions to the pointer function, a la Advance Wars: DS.
mastachefbkw

RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Feb 07, 2007 08:48
They might be able to use the wiimote to get a critical hit or something
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Feb 08, 2007 03:09
You mean like in Super Mario RPG? I don' t think that they' ll do that. Intelligent Systems usually make the Fire Emblem games with almost pure strategy in mind. Also, letting the critical hits be decided by the player will dramatically overpower the Assassin class, since their criticals sometimes turn into one-hit KOs.

This article at IGN says that the demo had no pointing or gesturing features at all. I hope they add at least some before it comes out, a point and click interface might make the game more fun. It worked for Advance Wars, anyway.
mastachefbkw

RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Feb 08, 2007 09:26
I say if theres no difference in the gameplay of a fire emblem game on a console and a hand held, they might as well just put it on the hand held

EDIT: just thought i would throw this out there, but this is my 666th post. DUN DUN DUN!
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 8 Feb 07 1:27:17 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Feb 09, 2007 09:31

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

I say if theres no difference in the gameplay of a fire emblem game on a console and a hand held, they might as well just put it on the hand held

Basically, your idea sucks, because I don' t own a hand held!
mastachefbkw

RE: Fire Emblem for Wii - Feb 09, 2007 10:29

Basically, your idea sucks, because I don' t own a hand held!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll